Unknown Reason

(Hiccups POV)

    I brace myself against the door until the dragon is done blasting and already moved on. As soon as I can, I run. As I'm running everybody yells at me, telling me to get back inside, asking me what am I doing, and telling me I'm going to get killed out here. But like always, of course I don't listen.
************
      My father always told me that I was strong-headed, just like my mother. Valka. I don't remember her, not even the slightest. My dad doesn't talk about her at all, so I went and questioned one of my dad's best friends, but they too didn't say much. Just that she was very different compared to the other Vikings and that she was last seen in our hut, trying to save me before it happened. I always urged them to explain exactly what it was, but by then I was pushed out of the way.
*************
   I was snapped back to reality as Gobbler, Berks blacksmith and dragon killing school teacher; threw my apron at my nonexistent chest.
   ' There you are! I thought you would've been carried off by now!' he yelled in a grouchy, yet sarcastic voice.
__________________________________________________________________

(Astrid POV)

I woke with a start, at the sound of yelling, roaring, and flames being shot.

  Great another dragon raid.

I sighed as I quickly got out of bed, got dressed, grabbed my axe, and immediatly headed for the chef's house. When I got there I was soon accompanied by the rest of the teenagers I usually hung out with. Ruffnut. Tuffnut. Fishlegs. And Snotlout. He winked at me and I gagged. He always tried to flirt with me.

ANNOYING!

Anyways, as I arrived Stoick was standing in his doorway, yelling at something, more like someone.

Hiccup?

We used to be really close when we were really little. He used to always play warrior games with me and I used to always play adventure games with him. We used to always get in trouble because our parents thought we were too young to be that deep into the forest/woods. Day after day we would do almost everything together, but then all that changed when...

I was almost startled when the chief started yelling orders and said...
'Astrid, lead the others and start putting out the fires around the village, as usual.'

I nodded and instinctively grabbed a bucket, as the others followed me doing almost exactly what I did. All except Snotlout, who tripped over one of the twins outstretched foot. I sighed.

This is what I work with.

I started putting out the fires and slowly working my way towards the smithy. Usually by the time I got around that area, Hiccup was either working with Gobbler or just running in through the entrance into the smithy. Once he was actually leaving the smithy, in a hurry, in such a hurry that he almost ran into me. We made eye contact, for the first time in 8 years! Even though it happened a couple months ago, I still can't figure out why I cared if we made eye contact or not..

BOOM!

HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER! I DEFINITELY DID! IF YOU GUYS HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR QUESTIONS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. HAVE A GOOD DAY!
                                                                        - infinityshipper04