The Unknown Enemy

(Astrids POV)

Everyone was gathered in the great hall talking about this mysterious dragon rider. Some vikings called him the devil, while others called him an enemy. No one knew who we was, only that it was a he because of they way this person was built. The cheif was talking amongst his council and I couldn't stand the rumors anymore.

So I raised my voice and said," look, we know it's a boy because of the way he stands and moves. Also, he is most defiantly human, not the devil, not a dragon god,and not a dragon. He rides dragons and helps aids them as they attack our home. He is an Unknown Enemy. We can't do anything about his decisions, but we can protect our home for as long as the raids last. He is human, which means he's mortal, so he cant live forever, so the dragon raids can't last forever. Being mortal also means that he can be taken down! So we will fight! And show no mercy!"

Then Stoick chimed in and said," Astrid is right! We're vikings, it's an occupational hazard! We have been fighting with dragons since the beginning of time! One boy can't change a war!"
____________________________________________________________________
(Hiccups POV)

*year time skip*

Wow it's already been a year! How crazy is that? Anyway, there is going to be a dragon raid tonight and luckily it's the second to last day of the week. I'm pretty sure Berk has figured out the schedule of the dragon raids. I haven't been caught for almost a year, but today especially, is a special day. Today is the day I left Berk. Yep, it's already been that long.

Today I plan on drawing and updating some of my inventions. So I walk pasts Toothless' room, quietly, and walk over to my desk in my invention room. I immediately grab a paper, a pencil, and started drawing. This time I drew an areal picture of Berk and the next drawing was of Astrid. That's the third time, this week!

Apparently, from there I went deep into thought, because by the time Toothless nudged me, it was already time to go. I set the picture down and hopped on Toothless. As usual, we flew with the other dragons to Berk and once we got there, we took out the catapults. From there I went to the arena to let out the captured dragons.
____________________________________________________________________
(Astrids POV)

I woke up to hearing the whistle of that freaking Night Fury. I hated them even more because that is the dragon that carries the Unknown Enemy around, destroying our village. I hop out of bed and get ready for yet another battle.

I get out side and here that whistle. So I run towards the arena, as fast and quietly as I can. When I get there the rider is off his dragon and letting the other ones free. He is facing the other direction, so I get as close to his as I could before his dragon noticed me and started growling. Then the boy turns around, looks at me (with my axe raised, ready to attack) ,and takes a small step back.

"Hey, I don't want any trouble." He's said with his hands slightly in front of him.

All I could do was scoff and say," Yeah, well you should of thought about that a long time ago."

"I did." Was all he said back.

I was so infuriated, so I took a few, long strides towards him. His dragon lunged in front of him, ready to fight. I took one last step, he didn't move. He was either frozen in fear or not afraid at all.

With the last step I took, the Night Fury was ready to fire, but before the dragon could, he said," Toothless no!"

"What are you going to do? Kill me yourself?" I said sarcastically.

"Says the girl with no back up." He's sarcastically replies.

At that statement, I turn around and see that everyone else is busy. "I can handle myself." I say, turning back to the Unknown Enemy.

"Trust me, I know, I don't want to hurt anyone." He's replied. What he said at first sort of shocked me, but I only answered to the second part.

"That's why the first thing you do, every raid, is take down our defenses?"I answer back half defensively, half sarcastically.
____________________________________________________________________
(Hiccups POV)

I chuckled. "Haven't you noticed that not a single dragon or viking has been hurt since I've been tagging along."

"You haven't been tagging along the entire time?" She sounded surprised.

I look up to the sky and see the first dragon leave, which means the others can't be far behind. "Sorry my times up." I say pointing to the sky.

Astrid just looks at me and right before I take off she says," no one knows exactly what you're doing or who you are, but you're still the Unknown Enemy and I will do whatever it takes to make this stop." I chuckled again.

When she said "this" She gestured to all of me, yeah, I know the irony. Ha, ha, ha. Yep, it's still me Hiccup Haddock, but last time I checked, I wasn't that kid anymore.
____________________________________________________________________
( SHORT A/N )
SORRY ABOUT THAT LAST PART, I'M WATCHING 13 REASONS WHY .  I GOT A LITTLE CARRIED AWAY, WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN. CARRY ON.
____________________________________________________________________
(Astrids POV)

*short time skip*

That night, I actually had time to sleep, yet I couldnt. I sat there on my bed thinking of the voice. That damn voice and that damn chuckle. It was intriguing. This....person, was clearly my age.

Why do I care?
____________________________________________________________________
I'M SORRY, ALL I CAN SAY IS HAVE A GOOD DAY. AND THANKS.
                                                            -infinityshipper04