The Trip pt1

(Astrids POV)

"Yeah, or I'll tell them that your Hiccup Horrindous Haddock III" I whispered back.

"Hiccup Horrindous Haddock III? Are you seriously talking about that kid that was taken by dragons a couple years ago?" He said affended.

I thought he would at least be shocked. I really thought he would say something, but my judgement was clouded and in defence of Hiccup, I corrected him,"First of all, he wasn't a kid he was 15. Secondly he wasn't taken by a dragons, he was taken by a dragon. And lastly, it wasn't just any dragon, it was a Night Fury" I said glaring viscously at his dragon.

"Yeah well those are all lies." He resonds.

I was infuriated, but we kept whispering. "Oh, and how do you know?"

"Well, from what I heard, he wasn't treated very well. So I think he left. He probably wanted to leave everything behind." He said this with no emotion at all.

"What do you mean everything?" I hissed

"He probably wanted to get away form Berk. Away from the people. Away from his dad. Away from the huts. Away from YOU." He hissed back the last part.

"That's not true!" I was mostly saying this to myself," The day he was taken I followed him into the forest. I lost him on the way, but once I got to the cove I found a circle of burnt grass, a sheild wedged between two rocks, Night Fury dragon scales, and a broken tree. I put all the clues together. Hiccup found a Night Fury in the woods and it started attacking. He tried to fight it, but he was no match for the Unholy Offspring of Lightning and Death Itself."

"Whatever, push against the handle, while I pull. Ready?" He said, still no emotion.

"Fine"

I pushed and he pulled. The axe came out with ease. Before I could do anything, he mounted his dragon, shot the chain dome, and disappeared into the night sky.
____________________________________________________________________
(Hiccups POV)

*year time skip*

Its already been a year since the fight.  It's my day off so I'm gathering supplies around the island and seeing if any dragons are stopping by to say hello.

It was such a peacefull day.
____________________________________________________________________
(Astrids POV)

Its been three years since Hiccup was taken. But I can't think about that right now.

Today is the day of the training trip. Every year Gobber takes the five of us on a trip and teaches us survival skills. Every trip we pick a random island. We looked at the map and all voted on going to Whisper island.

Vikings have been affraid of that island for centuries because they claim to hear a faint whisper coming from the retired volcano. One viking carved tunnels from the outside, all through the volcano. People say he never came out and disappeared for good. Some people say it's a mountain of ghosts and others say it's a mountain of dragons. I guess it's time we find out.

*short time skip*

We finally arrived at Whisper island. This island seemed extremely peaceful and quiet. I asked Gobber if I could explore the island a bit while they set up camp. He allowed me to, since I had already set up my tent and unpacked.

I was walking along the shore, then I noticed something black in the sand. I picked it up and noticed it was a Night Fury's scale! I followed the slight trail of them and then I lost it in the woods. I heard a twig snap and got dejavu right away. I needed to follow whoever that was. The twigs snapped in two different directions of the forest, there had to be two of them.

I hurled my axe in one of the directions and as a response, I heard a screech of pain. I ran in that direction, the wounded were the weak. Or so I thought.

By the time I got to my axe, all I saw was the blade covered in blood, a key, and a map. I looked at the map and noticed that it was a map of the island.

There is a trail of blood

There is a trail of blood. I followed it to a shed at the base of the volcano. It was locked, so I used the key to unlock it. When I walked in, I saw multiple papers and wooden crates full of food and water nocked over. Then I heard a horn blow. That was my cue to get back to camp. I shoved the items I had in my pouch, grabbed my axe and left.
____________________________________________________________________
(Hiccups POV)
I was gathering berries in the woods when I felt like someone was watching me. Then I saw movement not far behind me and a reflection of the sunlight. They were armed. I wasnt. So I ran. Twigs snapping under my feet. I told Toothless to take another route.

I was careful not to drop anything. From the familiar events, I didn't need to look at the axe that was embedded in my lower-left-side. I yellped in pain and fell to the ground. The footsteps were getting closer. I pulled the axe out and ran as fast as I could to the supplies shed. There was a tunnel that went up to the main room of the caverns I call home.

I shoved a pile of crates out of the way, climbed in, and put them back to their original spot. Once I got up to the main room I saw Toothless. I told him to follow me, and he obediently followed me into the Healing Room.

But, of course with my luck, I ran out of herds and creams from all my other wounds. We needed to go back to Berk and visit Gothi. Gothi was known for keeping secrets, so I trust her. Toothless and I were off to Berk.

*short time skip*

We got to Gothis quickly. I told her everything. Well almost. She knew that I, Hiccup Haddock III, was alive and well, but I left Toothless in the shadows. Also, I wasn't wearing my amor, so she didn't know I was the Unknown Enemy.

She put herbs and creams on my wound then wrapped it tightly in a bandage. I traded her Night Fury saliva because it has healing properties, she gave me the herbs and creams I needed, and sent me on my merry way.

By the time I got home I was trying to sleep, but I couldn't help, but wonder why Astrid was here. On Whisper Island.
____________________________________________________________________

HEY HUYS! THANKS FOR READING! THIS WILL BE MY FIRST CHAPTER THAT IS SPLIT IN TWO. THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL ALSO BE, THE TRIP. THANKS FOR READING AND HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

                                                                 -infinityshipper04