Josh x Girl reader › Panic

(This is just a preview ;)

(Y/n)'s Pov

I woke up to the sound of screaming next to me. I shot up quickly and turned to my left to see my crush Josh crying and thrashing in his sleep.

"Get away from me! You're dead! Help! Someone please help me!" Josh cried.

It hurt my heart to see Josh like this but this happened almost every night. After the disappearance of Hannah and Beth, Josh has been staying with me at my apartment. He overdosed on his meds about a month ago but luckily he was still here. I just needed to make sure he didn't hurt himself anymore.

I removed the covers I was under and climbed over Josh, straddling his hips with my legs. I cupped his face in both of my hands and began to whisper to him.

"Josh.. it's (y/n), wake up. You're just having a bad dream, it's okay." I whispered soothingly.

Josh's eyes shot open and locked with mine.

"(Y/n)..." He whispered.

Josh sat up quickly and hugged me, sobbing into my shoulder as he did so. "Do you want to talk about it?" I asked quietly as I stroked his soft hair. He vigorously shook his head and continued to cry.

"Do you want me to sing?"

He nodded softly and I began to sing his favorite song.

♪ "He wakes up early today, throws on a mask that will alter his face, nobody knows his real name but now he just uses one he saw on a grave." ♪ I sang quietly.

I never really understood why this song helped Josh, I mean I know he can relate to it but it's just so sad. By the time I had finished the song Josh had stopped crying and was just hugging my waist.

"T-thank you." Josh mumbled into my shoulder.

"It's really nothing." I dismissed.

Suddenly Josh shot up and gripped my shoulders firmly. His gorgeous green eyes stared into my (e/c) ones that probably showed how anxious I was.

"It's not nothing. You're so amazing to me (y/n), I have no idea what I'd do without you. You're so kind and sweet and beautiful.." Josh trailed off. I unintentionally scoffed at Josh's last statement and he tilted his head at me like a confused puppy. "What?"

"Huh? Oh sorry it's just... I'm not beautiful." I sheepishly replied. Josh laughed and replied.

"You're kidding right? You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. You're absolutely gorgeous and stunning."

"Jess is hotter." I mumbled under my breath.

"Don't tell Jess I said this, but she's a slut."

I let out a small chuckle and rolled my eyes. "I guess."

"S-sorry if I'm making you uncomfortable." Josh stuttered. I laughed quietly under my breath.

"I'm the one straddling your hips." I giggled. Josh blushed and looked down at my legs wrapped around his waist.

"Y-yeah I-i guess you are." Josh stammered again.

"Is something wrong?" I asked quietly. "I-i can get off." I began to panic and started to scramble off of Josh.

Josh's hands gripped onto my hips quickly, keeping me in place. I stopped struggling and looked deep into his eyes once again.

"Stay."

Was the only word Josh spoke.

"Josh?" I whispered quietly.

"Yes?"

"I-i think I like you. Like... "Like like" you." I blushed and broke eye contact with Josh, too anxious to see his reaction.

I closed my eyes and waited for Josh to say something. When I received no response, I felt tears pooling behind my eyelids.

Then, out of no where I felt a soft pair of lips gently press into mine. My eyes shot open but after a second I relaxed and closed my eyes, kissing Josh back.

After about 10 seconds of complete bliss, Josh pulled away and grinned at me. "You kissed back!" He exclaimed happily.

"Well duh!" I giggled. "C'mon lover boy we should probably get back to bed."

Josh nodded and I reluctantly climbed off of him, and we both settled back into the covers. I was turned away from Josh but he was facing my back. I felt Josh's arms wrap around my waist and pull me closer to him. I smiled and snuggled against him.

"I love you (y/n)." Josh whispered against my neck.

"I love you too Josh."