Chris x girl reader » Accidents Happen

A/N: In this one shot, the tracks are still supposed to be rigged but you'll see what happens. Also the picture you see above is mine, I made it myself so if you want to use it please give me credit.

Word Count: 1,133

Warnings: Language and feels in general

Chris's Pov

There's no fucking way I can make this impossible choice.

Before me was an elaborate trap set up by a psycho. He had kidnapped my best friend Josh and my girlfriend (y/n) and tied them up against a wall with a giant saw blade whirring dangerously close to them. Seconds ago his deep voice had come from the speakers that were seemingly everywhere and he had told me I had to choose who to save.

"Christopher the game is simple... All you have to do... Is decide who to save. Tick tock."

At that point (y/n) and Josh had became hysterical. Neither of them begged me to save them. In fact (y/n) told me to save Josh and kill her. Then Josh screamed, "No! Kill me, not her!"

"Guys I can't do this!" I screamed on the verge of tears.

"Thirty seconds." The psychos horrifying  disembodied voice said.

I couldn't think over the noise of the saw blade and (y/n) and Josh's screaming. My eyes were blurry and my heart was pounding in my chest so hard it was starting to hurt.

"Josh I'm sorry! I can't let her die!" I blurted out without thinking.

"Chris no! No one needs me! I'm a waste of space anyways, please don't kill Josh!" (Y/n) yelled in desperation.

"(Y/n) don't say that! You're much more needed than I am!" Josh yelled back, panicking.

"Josh shut the fuck up! Chris can always find a better girl than me and he needs you! So just fucking let me do this okay!?" (Y/n) screamed at a teary eyed Josh.

I felt tears slipping out of my eyes and shut them tight, trying to block out the madness. I couldn't let either of them die but I really didn't have a choice. On one hand, Josh has been my best friend since third grade and we've been inseparable ever since then.

On the other hand (Y/n) has been my girlfriend for 5 years and I love her more than anything in the world. My mom was even pressuring me about proposing to her since last thanksgiving.

"You're running out of time Christopher... Choose! Or I'll choose for  you!"  I felt my heart racing even faster as the psycho demanded an answer from me. Why am I the one that has to make this choice? It was (Y/n)'s gentle voice that got my attention this time. 

"Chris, baby, I know this is a situation no one should ever have to be in and this is seriously fucked up but you can do this. Make the right choice, Chris." A single tear slipped from her eye but she gave me the softest, most loving look before turning to look at Josh, who was nearly sobbing.

The maniac began counting down from ten and my heart leapt into my throat- It was time to decide. I closed my eyes and reached forward, grabbing the lever in front of me and without another thought, I pulled it to the left to save (Y/n).

"I see... You have decided to save, (Y/n)."

"Josh, I'm so sorry!" I cried. But to my surprise, Josh didn't start screaming and cursing me out, instead he just hung his head and cried.

"Chris what the hell?!" (Y/n) yelled, "You were supposed to kill me!" (Y/n)'s screams increased as she continued to beg for me to change my mind but it was too late.

The saw blade started moving down it's designated path, but once it reached the spot in the middle where it splits off into two separate directions, the saw started moving towards (Y/n) instead of Josh. Josh's eyes widened in terror as he noticed what was happening, but there was nothing he could do but struggle in his binds.

"NO! Chris! What are you doing?!" Josh yelled with extreme desperation.

"I-I don't know! this isn't me!" I screamed back with just as much emotion. 

(Y/n) only spent a few seconds staring at the saw blade before she looked at me with wide, scared eyes that broke my heart but she didn't scream, she just closed her eyes and waited for the blade to kill her.

"C-chris," (Y/n) whispered, "Everything is going to be okay. I love you." I couldn't find the right words to say so I just screamed I was sorry and that I loved her.

"No no no! This wasn't supposed to happen!" Josh cried, nearly in hysterics.

The saw blade was only mere inches from (Y/n) but I couldn't look away, I could only cry and watch as the girl of my dreams was torn apart. The blade started cutting into her stomach and she screamed in agony. It didn't stop there though, it kept on cutting until it sawed her completely in half.

Josh was covered in (Y/n)'s blood and so was almost everything within 5 feet of them. The top half of her body hung limply against the board while her severed legs were sprawled on the floor. There were organs on the ground and some still spilling from her mutilated body. The sight almost made me puke.

Then before I knew what was happening, Josh was stepping out from behind the board, revealing a fake body instead of his own and this time, I did puke.

I wiped my mouth and watched Josh scramble to open up the gate separating us. Josh was sobbing and I was still trying to process what I was seeing. Somehow Josh had set up a fake body and a hole for him to stick his head through.

Josh grabbed my shoulders and screamed in my face. "What the hell did you do?! You were supposed to kill ME not her!" Josh started shaking me as he sobbed. "No no no no! This isn't how the night was supposed to go!"

I could hardly understand what Josh was saying. There was a loud ringing in my ears and my vision was blurred with tears. Loud sobs escaped my mouth as Josh sank to his knees and clutched his head.

Nothing made sense, all I knew was that I had just killed the love of my life. I would never be able to kiss her again and see her smile or tell her I love her when were cuddling together. I wouldn't be able to propose to her or have any sort of future with her anymore. 

All that was left of my girlfriend was a disfigured mess of a body and the blood stains on Josh and the walls.