XV: close call

Alaska's Point of View;
Reminiscing

Harry and I spent all of our time together. I became more comfortable around him and vice versa. It was easier to ease into things after knowing his mom and sister thought well of me.

On Christmas Eve, him and I spent the night in because we mutually agreed that we weren't in the mood for fancy restaurants.

On Christmas Day, I gave Harry his gift; a silver watch with the words "My guiding light" engraved on the side. He said that I didn't have to buy him anything, but his glowing smile told me he liked his gift.

On the same day, Harry told me he had purchased tickets to see the London Symphony Orchestra live. I was so happy. It was one thing off our bucket-list.

A few days later; the evening we went to see the orchestra. I wore the same black peplum dress that he took off of me the night of our first date. He wore a black tuxedo.

I was in awe the whole time the orchestra performed. Our seats were incredible. The harmony of all the instruments eased my mind. I fell in love that night and told Harry how much I loved the orchestra. I swear I heard him say "If you loved it even half as much as I love you, that's good." But when I said pardon, he changed the subject.

He was silent for the remainder of the night. I thought it was because he was just listening to me going on about how incredible the orchestra was, but now looking back on this day in particular, I realize that something else might have been occupying his mind.

I asked him what was wrong, and he said nothing. When we were home he took off my dress, kissed my neck, and made me forget about any worries I had before.

Harry was always there to make me forget about my worries.

--

Waking up before 11am was the hardest thing I had to do in my life, let alone wake up at 6:30 to get ready for class for the first time in nearly a month.

It was hard because Harry and I stayed up late every night. We either were conversing, watching movies, drinking, or.. doing other "things."

I had adapted to staying till early hours with him, and now I had to un-adapt.

I finally got up, and walked to the bathroom to get ready. I ran the tap to wash my face.

"Hey.." Harry said. His voice was deep and groggy. He had just woken up. He was wearing nothing but pajama pants and his hair was a mess.

"You're gonna be late Harry, you have to be there earlier than I do!" I reminded him.

"I don't teach until the afternoon. I didn't intend on going in today until then. The only reason i'm up is because your alarm is so damn loud." He said as he rubbed his eyes.

Spending the amount of time I spent with Harry was eye-opening. I saw a whole other vulnerable side of him that I never even thought would have existed.

"Okay sleepyhead. Go back to bed then. Your crankiness is contagious." I joked as I stood on my tiptoes to peck his lips.

He smiled, rubbed my head, and walked back to his room.

I proceeded to get ready as quick as possible. I thought that it would be nice to make him coffee before I leave, because he is always the one making me breakfast.