XXXI: call me harry

Wow! On April 18, 2017, 'Unity' reached 1k views. It's our first milestone! Please continue to share this book if you've enjoyed! Thank you for the positive feedback so far! You are all so lovely!
Yours truly, x

--

"Is that so?" Harry threw his head back in laughter, so much so that his hair touched the top of the booth.

"His name was Brody." Bella added. My friends and Harry were erupting into a fit of laughter. I most definitely was not. I crossed my arms and pouted as I leaned back in my chair.

"Okay, okay that's enough." I rolled my eyes.

My friends, now that they were aware that Harry and I were together, were going on and on non-stop about my embarrassing high school experiences. From pictures of my Freshman year attire, my first boyfriend, the story of why we broke up, to my first kiss and why it was so terrible.

Harry looked over to me and grabbed my thigh reassuringly. "Don't be so pouty."

"I'll stop being pouty when they stop with all of these tales. It was a long time ago." I said.

"They're cute stories, Lass. It's interesting to hear stuff like this about you." He smiled. I leaned my head against my shoulder.

"You know we love you." Bella said as she raised her glass of wine.

"Yes, we do." Harry smirked as he kissed my forehead.

I still attempted to be mad at him, but when he cooed at me like that, it was absolutely impossible to hide your smile.

--

The rest of our evening out was spent with a little bit of wine, a little bit of food, and a lot of good conversation.

I was so glad that Harry enjoyed conversing with my friends. It was a weight off my shoulders knowing that he liked them as well. It was like we belonged as one big family- the support was definitely better from them than what I got from my parents.

"Harry, I've got a few questions for you." A tipsy Alice asked as her index finger pointed to a sober Harry. "..Now that you're all relevant in my best friend's life now." She smiled as she swept her long dark hair to one side of her shoulder.

"Ask away." He smirked as he sipped his water.

"Do you have a criminal record?" She asked as she narrowed her eyes to my lover.

It was quite silent for a moment. Everyone was deadly serious. I actually did not have an answer for this one. I didn't know.

Then, Harry began to laugh. "No, Doll. No criminal record." He smiled at her.

Alice nodded her head approvingly. "Well that was easy. I don't think I have anything else I'm wondering about."

Harry squinted his eyes and tapped his chin. "There's nothing else you're wondering about?" He said. His deep, raspy voice echoed through the nearly empty restaurant. The lights were just as dim as when we arrived, however the people count had decreased. We had completely lost track of time. I'm sure they were closing soon. The servers had already begun to wipe down the tables.

"I don't think so." Alice shrugged.

"I got one." Bella said as she downed whatever was left in her glass. "What was your life like before teaching?"

Harry leaned back into the chair and put his arm around my shoulder, pulling me into him as he searched his mind for a response. I inevitably let giggles leave my lips as his long fingers tapped my sides. It tickled.