XXIX: jaslyn

Paris was an absolute dream. In the best and worst ways possible.

In the best ways, it was beautiful, timeless, and magical just as Harry promised me it would be. We had seen so many museums that contained beautiful art; Harry and I even snuck out late one night to see the Eiffel Tower. It was invigorating. I was so alive that night. But the adrenaline dies down eventually.

In the worst ways, it was short, rushed, and frantic. We didn't stay there long enough- we had so much to see in so little time. I didn't get to sit and absorb the city in my skin. I had so much on my mind.

Harry and I obviously couldn't do anything together because there were students and supervisors around. So we kept our distance in public.

I absolutely loved France, it was a dream come true for me; just a little different than I expected because it was a school trip, not a romantic vacation with my lover.

--

I woke up to the sound of Harry's snores. I looked over to my right. Harry was still asleep. His back was facing me, and with every breath, his muscles relaxed a bit more.

He rolled over to face me and his muscular arms pulled me closer to his body. His warmth was radiating off his skin and comforted my senses.

"I know you're awake, Harry." I chuckled as he continued to fake-snore.

"Am not." He pouted as his grasp on me became firmer.

"Mkay." I smiled as I grabbed his hands.

He always wore rings. Multiple rings at a time. Whenever he touched me, the silver made me gasp as it was always cold to the touch. But not this time. The longer he held me, the more my body heat elevated.

"It's getting hot. I'm going downstairs to make tea." I said as I attempted to remove Harry's arms off my waist. They didn't budge.

"Harryyy.." I whined as I struggled to escape his embrace.

"If I stay here for a few more minutes will you make me tea?" I asked.

"Mhm." He replied as he kissed my shoulder. I turned around so that I was facing him. I cradled his cheek with one hand and pecked his lips. A smile emerged from his face.

"You are too cute." I said as I pushed his dark brown hair away from his forehead.

"Am not." He pouted as he rolled over to the other side.

--

I walked downstairs to Harry holding two cups of tea. We sat down on the couch in the living room together.

Harry brought out his journal and his reading glasses. He clicked his pen and flipped to an empty page.

I sipped my tea. "What're you writing now?"

"I'm not sure yet." He replied as he bit the end of his pen.

An idea came to mind. A quite lovely one in fact.

I put my tea down on the coffee table and grabbed the pen and journal from his hands.

I wrote down a title quickly, and then handed him him the book.

He furrowed his brow as his eyes scanned the page. His frown quickly turned to a smile.

He looked at me. "Baby Name Ideas?"

I nodded my head. "Baby Name Ideas."

He pursed his lips as he fiddled with his pen in hand.

"How about..." He said as he wrote down a name in his book. "Tate?"

"I like that. These are girl names then right?" I asked. He nodded.

"How about Darcy?" I asked him.

"Yes, I love that name as well." Harry smiled as he wrote it down.

Harry and I continued to go back and forth between nice baby names we agreed with.

"Alex"

"Emilia"

"Isabel"

"Avril"

"Stormi"

"Gracie"

Then suddenly, we both said the same name.

"Jaslyn."

Harry looked up at me and smirked. "That one is my favorite I think."

"Me too." I agreed.

By this point, the page was filled with different name ideas for our future daughter. It was enthralling honestly, because by planning these names, it meant that we were both sure we would have some sort of future together.

Harry flipped the page and began to write a new title.

"Moving on to boy names." He said.

--

Today was a good day. And not just because it was a Saturday. Harry told me after receiving a phone call that he now had a set date to go to court and finalize his Divorce between him and Taylor.

In all honesty, I had forgotten he was married in the first place. The first time he told me he was filing for a divorce was a year ago when we had our very first date. Harry explained to me that the reason it took so long was because Taylor was having a difficult time parting with his money.

But now, she was settled in with her new, much older partner, who apparently was way more loaded than Harry was.

I cringed when he told me that. I could never understand how someone could be happy being with someone- not because they loved them, but because of their money. It boggled my mind.

All things aside; this divorce meant Harry could finally part ways with Taylor and no longer be associated with her. Not that she was a pressing issue, I knew he loved me, but it was a weight off our shoulders. I no longer felt like some sort of mistress. I never really was in the beginning, but that ship of thought will finally sail for good.

It was a good start, this divorce. It was a great one actually.

--

Dreadfully short chapter, only because this is the second time I've updated today!:)