The Dance Part 1

Hopper's POV:

   Today was the day, the dance was finally here. Surprisingly, I managed to ask Briar out without messing up or turning into a frog.

I don't know how I did it really, but I think someone slipped a confidence potion into any of my food or drinks. But I wasn't going to point any fingers at anyone, I was thankful.

I just went to her dorm, knocked at the door, asked her to the dance, and she replied with a "sure".

And now, the guys and I are getting ready for the dance. We were all nervous and somewhat excited, but for me, I was just nervous. We were at Dexter's and Hunter's dorm when the two wanted to jam out some tunes.

Dexter and Hunter wanted to pump up my self-esteem by playing music on Hunter's mirror-phone. As I scrolled through his phone, all I could find were Adele songs on his playlist.

" What is this?" I asked as I scrolled down. Hello, Rolling in The Deep, Someone Like You, When We Were Young, and more were in the playlist. Hunter's face burned with embarrassment.

" What...?" Hunter laughed nervously. " Adele's a really good singer plus her songs are amazing."

    I kept scrolling down as Hunter hummed Rolling In The Deep, which seemed to be one of his favorite songs at the moment.

" What else do you have?" I ask. "Adele's just gonna make me feel worse from what I see."

" I have Bruno Mars." Hunter mumbled. " But all I have is Uptown Funk-"

" Uptown Funk it is!" Daring said raising his hair spray. We all cheered except for Hunter who just gave a laugh as some hair spray went in my eye.

" Ah!" I shrieked as stingy pain struck my left eye. I raced to the nearest mirror possible as I opened my eye. It was red all over.

" Dammit Daring! Look at what you did!" I yelled as Hunter gave me a wet paper towel. I dabbed it against my eye lightly.

    " Sorry." Daring mumbled as he placed the spray down at his desk.

   " Never heard him swear before in my life." Daring whispered into his brother's ear.

   " Me neither." Dexter whispered back. He bent over to Hunter's phone and tapped the stop button.

" You okay?" Chase went up to me.

" Yeah, I'm fine." I opened my eye and looked into the mirror to find it still red.

" It'll stay there for a few minutes. But it'll go away once-" Hunter's phone buzzed. He picked it up and stuffed it into his tux pocket. He checked to see if he was alright.

" Alright guys, I gotta go. It's almost time for me to pick up Ashlynn." He looked and adjusted his watch. He had a pumped and happy feeling rush through him as he smiled at the thought of his love. " And I wouldn't want to be late, wouldn't I?"

" Is that a pun?" I asked.

" Uh, no..." Hunter faced me weirdly. And he shot out of the room like a CEO late for his or her meeting.

Dexter's POV:

   A few minutes after Hunter left, a few others left. Daring said he was going to take Apple to the dance, which was because Briar and Blondie had dates. The only ones left were Alistair, Chase, and I.

   It was quiet without Daring, Hopper, and Hunter not here to lighten the mood. Alistair and Chase were known to be one of the quiet ones since they were new at Ever After. They were actually from Wonderland, but they transferred to our school since back home had a curse going on that the Evil Queen cursed.

    Alistair was son of Alice Wonderland,  the heroine of Wonderland. He came here along with Bunny, who is currently his girlfriend. Alistair isn't the type of person who talks much. I try to talk to him whenever I can. And when I do, I figure out that we have a lot in common. From favoring adventure to nature books.

   Chase is the adopted son of the Red Chess Queen. He came here last and with my sister. Ever since, they've fallen in love with each other. I didn't really see the problem in that relationship, but as I said before, it's because of Daring's beliefs. I see Chase as a badass person. He wears leather jackets to spiked converses. Ripped jeans where the rips are shaped into pawns or clovers. He even owns a motorcycle with the hardcore color of red. Tuff stuff.

   He's also not afraid to speak from his mind. There was this one day where Daring was disappointed at a grade he got and straight out of the bat he said:

    " All brawn and no brain that's your problem."

   Daring nearly shattered his lower jaw, but he did manage to break Chase's left leg. Chase told me that nothing would stop him from speaking his mind. A miracle would have to do that. 

   I looked over at Alistair who was texting on his phone. Chase was placing gel on his hair, which made it perfectly smooth. And it made the red and black hair shine.

   " Hey," Alistair spoke up. " I gotta go pick up Bunny."

    " We'll be leaving soon, right Dexter?" Chase asked.

    " Yeah." I responded as I tugged onto the rims of my tuxedo. I wore a navy blue tux to try to stand out of the shadows of my brother at this party. For once.

     " I gonna go pick up my gal also. We won't take long." Chase said. " But you can leave without us if you want."

     " If you won't stay long then I'll stay." Alistair plumped onto Hunter's bed. We returned to our preparing.

    After a few minutes, we were all ready to go. We took off out of the door as I locked it with my keys. We were quiet on the rest of the way to the girl's dorms, the only sound heard were the jingling of my dorm keys.

Hey everybody! Here's a chapter! I hope that you liked it! See you on the next chapter! See ya!
-HubbyBubby14