The First & Last Chapter

Dexter's POV:

   I sat on the edge of my seat tapping my pencil on the fresh white wooden desk thinking of the first sentence to write. We all decided that I would start the story and end the story. But I didn't know how to begin the story.

   I put on a song called " The Story Of My Life " by One Reflection to help me start. That song always gets me.

  As the song played into the chorus, I knew how to begin the story. So I wrote the first sentence:

As I stepped out into the light and out of the darkness of the Multi-Hex theatre, I had two things in mind: Paul Hex and a ride home.

   It was actually what happened. And you could tell if you read the first chapter.

I couldn't wait to write the rest. So I wrote the first chapter and the second one before I would give it to Hopper who would write the first half of the third chapter. Then I would.

   We all agreed that it would be long chapters because we all wanted to do our best on it, our story.

   I made sure that I wrote everything correctly so Hopper wouldn't bug me with his grammatical knowledge. Trust me, it isn't pretty. After two hours or so, everything seemed correct.

I looked at my watch to see that it was 4:00, almost time to meet with Hopper and everyone else. We'd agreed to meet at 4:30.

Hopper's POV:

    It's been four weeks since we'd started this book and we were on the final chapter finishing up. I was actually surprised to find out that we were finishing earlier than usual. I guess teamwork does make the job done quick.

I took a glimpse on the last chapter that Dexter wrote up, it was perfect. I wonder if we could get this thing published, because why not?

But it wouldn't matter if the book was published, all it matters is that we wrote down these words that could heal our pain.

" And done." Dexter smiled as tapped on a period next to the final word.

" Beautiful." I said as I started to check over the final part. I passed it to Daring who read it then passed it to Alistair, Chase, and Darling.

" Wow, I can't believe we wrote a book." Chase said.

" Me neither." Alistair gave a laugh.

" Well, what do we do with it now?" I asked. Daring asked for the book as Chase gave it to him.

" I want everyone to hear about this story. Let's publish it." Daring suggested.

" I like that idea." Dexter smiled at his brother.

    " So we all agree?" I asked.

    " Agree."

Hey everyone! Sorry for the short chapter. WARING: THIS IS NOT THE LAST CHAPTER!!! The next one will come soon! Stay in tune for the next chapter! See ya!
-Hubbybubby14