You're a Hero

Chase's POV:

   " Darling." I said as I finally reached Darling. I placed my hand on her shoulder.

    " Chase, I think I need to be alone for a while." She turned around and faced me.

" No Darling, you've gone too far to give up." I said. " I have a plan to prove that you are the hero you're meant to be."

" What is it? I'm interested in hearing this." Darling raised her eyebrow. It was the sign that she was curious.

    " How about you sneak into the rumble while we're fighting and you help us? But best yet, you help Daring defeat his opponent." I whispered inside her ear. She widened her eyes and smirked. " That'll sure do the trick."

   " I like it." she smiled. I loved it when she smiled, it felt like the whole world smiled. Then, we both heard Alistair running up to us.

" Darling, are you alright?" he asked as he reached us.

" I'm fine, Chase had just told me a good idea of how I could take part of the rumble."

" What is it?" Alistair asked.

" We'll sneak her in, and when Daring needs help, she'll jump in." I replied. " A perfect plan to success."

" Sounds great. But we'll have to be careful." Alistair replied. We all nodded to each other. But suddenly, I saw Dexter and Hopper walking towards us.

" Hey guys, I thought you two were both visiting Hunter." Darling said.

" We did, but...it didn't last long." Hopper looked down.

" What do you mean 'it didn't last long'?" I asked. What happened?

" He passed out or at least that's what we think." Dexter replied.

   " What?" Alistair, Darling, and I gasped.

   " It's true. We don't know if it was something we said." Hopper mentioned to us.

" Do you think that they'll let us in now?" I asked Dexter. " How long has he been passed out?"

" I don't know and he passed out just about when we were leaving."

" Should we go?" Alistair asked.

" Yeah, let's go." Darling said and we left.

Hunter's POV:

   I opened my eyes to see Dexter and Hopper gone. I turned to see a nurse and my doctor standing beside me checking to see if everything was okay.

   " How is the air pressure? Is it too strong?" my doctor asked the nurse.

   " What? What's going on?" I asked groggily. I shifted in my bed sheets to only hear the sounds of crumpling.

   " You passed out Hunter...but everything is okay."

   " Where are my guests?" I asked. I hope that they didn't leave.

   " They left at once you passed out. I told them to." he told me.

   " What did they tell you?"

   " Nothing, it's not important." I lied. "I just passed out because I felt dizzy or that I was still surprised that I survived that bullet."

   " Someone outta know about your secret Hunter. You can't hide it forever." the nurse said. I thought about it for a while, then I realized that it was for the best if an adult knew.

   " I killed someone." I said and they gasped. They leaned in to hear more. "But I killed that person for self-defense. And soon after his friend shot me."

   " I'm glad you told me. But I have no choice but to tell Headmaster Grimm about this."

   " No problem." I replied. " I'll be more than glad to take my punishment. And plus, I'm not sure if I'm not going to live much longer. My respiratory seems to be getting worse."

   " Doctor, more guests are waiting to see this patient. Should I let them in?" a nurse came into the room holding tightly onto her clipboard. The doctor looked at me as I shook my head.

   " Let them in." he said as he started to leave. I turned my head to the side and found Alistair, Chase, Darling, Dexter, and Hopper come in. So that's why they had left?

" Hey Hunter." they all said as they came in.

" How are you?" Alistair asked.

" I'm fine." I lied. " But I'm even better since you all are here."

   " Hunter, we gotta tell you something." Darling mentioned.

   " We do?" Dexter asked. It seemed like he knew nothing about what they were going to say.

   " Hunter, we're going to fight against Sparrow's gang." Alistair beamed. Dexter and Hopper gave a surprised look. " We're gonna force him to turn himself in."

" Guys, hold on for a second." I spoke. " I don't think this is a good idea, I mean, I killed one of them. That's why Sparrow shot me."

" Not to mention that it was for self-defense Hunter." Dexter replied. " You saved me."

" And don't worry Hunter, it's a good old punch fight. We'll just use the pocket knifes for self-defense only."

" Do whatever you like." I sighed. Won't anyone figure out that fighting isn't the answer? " All I ask is for all of you is to be careful out there and don't kill anyone."

Everyone stood in silence. I thought about what I said. It wasn't offensive, it was only ironic. Get it? Never mind.

I didn't tell anything else, I just stayed silent. Especially the fact that I was dying. It wasn't confirmed, but I could tell that my time was coming to an end.

Tears streamed out of my eyes. I looked up to the ceiling while everyone looked down. They frowned, but I smiled. 

   " Hunter?" a voice asked.

   " Yes?" I replied. I turned to see Chase.

   " Are you saying that we shouldn't fight?" he asked. I thought for a moment.

   " I'm not saying you shouldn't fight. I'm saying that fighting won't bring back that person to life nor will it cure me." I answered. " I don't care if Sparrow runs away and never gets caught."

   " Sometimes I wonder if I ever belonged here. If I'm just a mistake." I said as tears raced. " I know that there are people who care, and I love them. But I wonder what's the real meaning why I'm here." 

    " Hunter-"

     " But it's true. Maybe it's the artificial air that's making me woozy, or it's my stupid weak self acting up again." I leaned back and cried in front of everyone. I didn't care. I brawled all of the tears out.

Hey everyone. I'm sorry for the sad chapter, I really am. 😭😥😿.
See you in the next chapter. See ya.
-Hubbybubby14