Order In The Court

** Due to the title, this chapter will take place in a court room. I don't know what they say or do in a trial so don't judge me. I'll try my best though.

Daring's POV:

" Alright, alrighty." the judge banged her wooden gavel against her wooden bench to silence the incoming crowd and to begin the trial. "Order in the court."

    Everyone sat down. I sat in the middle next to Dexter and Darling. We were all here for the case of murder. I was nervous, but I could tell that Dexter was even more. He was sweating like crazy. It made sense though, he would have to speak to her honor.

I looked around to see if Ashlynn was here, but it seemed like she wasn't. I bent over to Darling and whispered quietly.

" Where's Ashlynn? Isn't she supposed to be here?" I asked as Darling looked around.

" She's probably running late." Darling replied.

" I hope not." I said. Suddenly, Darling's phone began to buzz. She took it out and saw Ashlynn's ID caller on the line.

" That's her." she whispered. " Come on."

I followed my sister to the courthouse corridors and we both found a seat near the entrance doors.

" Ashlynn? Is that you?" Darling spoke into the phone.

" Yes, it's me-"

" Ashlynn, why aren't you here?" Darling cut in. " Don't you want to know?"

" Darling, I can't make it." Ashlynn's voice was heard through the phone's speakers.

" What do you mean?" Darling asked.

   " I'm with Hunter right now." Ashlynn replied. " Do you suppose that you can tell me the results later?"

   " Are you sure Ash?" Darling asked.

   " I'm positive. I just want some alone time." Ashlynn responded. " I'm at the graveyard when you get out of the courthouse."

   " Do you want me to go there with you Ash? You don't have to be alone." Darling said.

   " I'm not alone Darling. It's alright." I could sense her smile on the other side of the conversation.

" Alright then, I'll tell you later the results." Darling spoke. " Bye."

" Bye." Ashlynn replied as Darling hung up on her phone. Soon she turned to me.

" I feel so sorry for her." Darling said. " If only people reincarnated back to life."

" And they were both so sure that they were meant to be." I sighed.

" I've been scared for these past few months though. She hasn't been eating much at all." Darling said.

" No...." I was shocked.

" Yes, and Briar told me that she hasn't been talking much lately either." Darling mentioned.

   " I think that we should go back, I think that Dexter might be speaking right now." Darling stood up and we both headed back to the courtroom.

As we entered the courtroom, we found that Dexter was speaking to the judge. I could see Sparrow across from him ready to object.

   After a few hours, the judge had finally decided who was innocent and who was guilty. Everyone buzzed in curiosity as the judge banged her gavel

" Order in the court." she announced as the pouncing sound of the hammer echoed the room. My heart was beating fast. " I have the announcement that you have all been waiting for."

Dexter's POV:

I couldn't believe wait her honor had just said. I made sure I said every single detail. Maybe it was too much.

Just kidding....

I had successfully proved Sparrow guilty and he had been charged with a threatening manner for the whole commotion.

   The judge mentioned if Hunter still had been alive, then the whole situation would have changed. Of course, the situation wouldn't have been pretty. But she also mentioned that he would only have a charge since he only killed for self-defense.

   I felt myself turn around to see Sparrow give a slight glare towards me. I shot my face to the front but I could still feel him look at me.

After the trial, we found ourselves walking towards the graveyard to meet up with Ashlynn. Darling told us that she was there and preferred to stay there instead of going to the trial. And we were to tell her about the trial results.

As we walked over to the cemetery, I held the original copy of our book. We had a printed copy since we knew exactly who was going to be the first person to read it. It's a shame that we wouldn't have feedback, but I didn't care. I knew that person would have a smile across his face.

Hey everyone! I hope that you liked this chapter! Please vote and comment. See ya!
-Hubbybubby14