13

"I cannot believe you ate half of that pizza by yourself." Ava said as she took the last piece of pizza from the box and grabbed the ice cream container from the freezer. She grabbed two spoons and then went back to the living room where Lizzie was sitting on the couch with a blanket covering her while she watched Friends. "Woman you're taking up the whole couch, move."

Lizzie only lifted up her legs and raised her eye brow at her best who just rolled her eyes and sat down in time for Lizzie to put her legs on her lap and snatch the ice cream from her hands. "Excuse you, ma'am."

Lizzie paused, the spoonful of ice cream halfway to her mouth, "What?"

Ava rolled her eyes once again as she snatched her spoon and took scoop of the ice cream, "Nothing, but the person that bought the ice cream should probably get some, don't ya think?"

"I don't know, I guess."

"You make me crazy."

Lizzie's face lit up as she put on a cheesy grin, "Back at ya, bitch."

***

Ava hadn't meant to, but she'd been staring at Lizzie for the majority of the episode of Friends. She couldn't seem to take her eyes off of the blonde. She couldn't look away as her green eyes lit up when she laughed. Lizzie's laugh alone could cause butterflies to flutter in her stomach and the worst part was that she knew her best friend would never feel that way about her. One-sided feelings were always the worst.

She wished that she could just stop feeling that way about Lizzie, but nothing she did would change how she felt about her. They were only best friends and even though she wished they were more, she would take best friends over nothing at all.

"Ave, would you stop staring at me?" Lizzie asked, her eyes not moving from the TV screen, "You know I hate it when people stare at me."

Ava's face flushed and she could feel a red tint coming onto her cheeks, "Stop being so pretty and then I'll stop staring."

Now it was Lizzie's turn to blush as she still didn't take her eyes off of the TV. "How about I just hide under this blanket?"

Ava didn't think she was serious, but found herself mistaken as Lizzie pulled the blanket over her head. "You're such a dork."

"Yeah, but you love this dork." Lizzie's voice was muffled from the blanket as she spoke and if it wasn't for her hiding under it, she wouldn't have missed the mad red Ava's face went with those words.

"That's debatable."

Lizzie practically threw the blanket across the room as she shot out from under it, her head whipping towards Ava, "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing, nothing at all." Ava said, "Don't you worry your pretty little head."

Lizzie groaned as she leaned into Ava, wrapping her arms around her, her face resting in the crook of her neck, "Why do you always smell so nice?"

"Um, I don't know, I use this thing called perfume and lotion."