66

"You're so dramatic." Ava groaned as her and Lizzie walked into Scarlett's house after meeting Ava's family.

"I thought your dad was going to interrogate me and then your brothers cornered me. It was scary. I thought I was going to die."

"If you had died Scarlett would have brought you back just so she could scold you for ruining our ship." Ava said, Lizzie nodding in agreement as they made their way into the living room.

"Speaking of that bitch, where is she?" Ava asked as she looked around.

"Aw man. Did we get back at nap time? That would be the only logical reason for her not being anywhere in sight and for it being so quiet."

"Darn, I really wanted some baby time." Lizzie sighed as they both fell onto the couch.

"How about some Scarlett time?" They both peeked over the couch to see Scarlett approaching.

"Dude, I'm hungry." Lizzie said.

Ava rolled her eyes and groaned, "You literally just ate before we left."

"Yeah and that like 45 minutes ago." Lizzie pouted at her girlfriend.

"Bitch, you know where the kitchen is."

Lizzie rolled her eyes and looked at Scarlett, "You love me, right?"

Now it was Scarlett's turn to roll her eyes, "I guess, is there anything specific that you want, precious?"

"Nope." Lizzie sent her a dorky smile before turning to Ava with a smug look on her face, "At least someone loves me."

"I do love you, but you're exhausting sometimes."

Lizzie scoffed, "Rude."

"You know I'm right."

***

"Hey, babe. Apparently we broke up." Lizzie said as she took a bite out of her grilled cheese and scrolled through her social media.

"Ooh what happened?" Ava asked as she scrolled through her own phone, finding other gossip articles, "Was it really bad?"

"I don't know lemme check. So it looks like we were fighting the other day at the airport and it ended with us going our separate ways."

"Oh so they're talking about the time you got mad at me for not going and getting you a burrito. Ooh drama." Ava replied, mockingly.

"You two are so weird." Scarlett muttered as she rolled her eyes at the two women. "I don't even know what to do with you."

Ava and Lizzie both giggled as they shared a look, "But you love ussss."

"Well, that's debatable." Scarlett said, laughing at the offended looks on the other twos faces, "Anyways, since you love my kid more than you love me, you can go get her up from her nap."

Lizzie quickly set the plate with grilled cheese down on the coffee table before springing up from the couch so fast that she gave herself a head rush, giving Ava enough time to get up and shove her out of the way. Lizzie swore under her breath before catching her footing and chasing after Ava. She latched her arms around the taller girl's waist and trying to throw her behind her, but only ending up throwing them both into the wall. She still managed to get in front of Ava on the race to the stairs, smiling to herself as she ran up the stairs only for a hand to wrap around her ankle and bring her down on the stairs. Ava dashed up the stairs passed her, a satisfied grin on her face as she did so. Lizzie's right wrist hurt and she cursed at Ava for the bruise it would leave, but as she went to push herself up, a pain shot through her arm and she fell back onto the stairs with a defeated sigh.

A few minutes later Ava returned with Rose in her arms and looked down at Lizzie in confusion, "Why are you still there?"

"Well, I think you broke my wrist."

"What? No I didn't." Ava said as she sat down on the stairs to take a look at Lizzie's wrist, "I'm sure it's just a sprain. I'll be right back. Don't move."

Ava quickly returned with Scarlett following behind her. Scarlett took a look at her wrist before grabbing her other hand and along with Ava's help got her up and into the kitchen where she grabbed an ice pack. Lizzie flinched as the ice pack made contact with her skin and she had already been trying not to cry.

"We should probably go get that checked out."

***

"Bitch, come at me." Lizzie threatened.

"Don't think I won't, but I'm pretty sure I'd win this fight." Ava said, pointing to Lizzie's arm that was in a sling with multiple ice packs around her wrist.

"What makes you say that?"

"Oh, I don't maybe the fact that you're down an arm and that arm just happens to be your good arm." Ava replied, rolling her eyes at her girlfriend.

"So, I'll just throw an ice pack at you."

Ava literally bursted out laughing at this, tears coming to her eyes, "Yeah, right."

"No! Don't actually do it." Ava shrieked as Lizzie reached for the ice pack, not taking her eyes off of Ava as she did, a devilish smirk on her face.

"I leave you two for five minutes and you already start fighting." Scarlett stated with and eye roll as she sat down with Rose in her lap.

"Well, we wouldn't be here if someone hadn't tried to kill me on the stairs."

Ava scoffed, "I didn't try to kill you. You're gonna be fine, it's not my fault you have weak bones."

"Yeah, well, it's not my fault you're an asshole."