18

It was Lizzie's turn to be staring as Ava watched the Fourth of July fireworks from the balcony of her condo in Atlanta. She'd never been on to stare at somebody, especially when there were fireworks, but she couldn't help but stare at the girl in front of her. She was her world, whether she knew it or not. She couldn't take her eyes off of Ava as she watched the fireworks in awe like she'd never seen fireworks in her entire life.

"Now who's staring?" Ava asked, teasingly as she spotted the shorter girl staring at her from the corner of her eye. "You're really missing the show."

Lizzie giggled as her cheeks turned red with embarrassment from being caught in the act. She just giggled more as Ava turned to her a mega watt smile on her face. Lizzie didn't feel awkward as the two of them just locked eyes, falling into their own worlds. Both of them seemed to be on autopilot as they slowly got closer, Lizzie's arms wrapping around Ava and her hands locking behind her neck. Their faces were mere inches apart as Ava wrapped her arms around Lizzie's waist, pulling her closer. No words were needed as their eyes drifted to the other's lips and then back up to their sparkling eyes.

Their lips finally met in a literal explosion of fireworks.