1 | In The Middle Of Nowhere

You smiled proudly as you picked up a ruby, shoving it into your pocket. That's gonna give you a whole lot of rupees later.
You were a treasure hunter, making a living out of searching for treasures and other precious things and selling them. Because of this, you've seen all of Hyrule, except for the Castle, of course. You wished you could see the Castle from the inside. Or at least see the ruins of Castle Town. But thanks to Calamity Ganon and all the guardians, that would end up in getting yourself killed. Lately, you often traveled around Hyrule Plateau and more than once, you almost didn't make it out alive. You could only imagine how it would be in the Castle.
When you were 14 you left your home town Hateno behind and went off into the world. Now you were 17 and you didn't regret your decision. Though, you sometimes missed your family, which consisted of your Gran, your father and your older brother, (b/n).

Lost in your train of thoughts you noticed too late the Bokoblin, that sneaked up to you. The little monster gave you a hard hit on the head, earning a loud "Ouch!" from you. You quickly got to your feet and ran away.  Seeing that the Bokoblin followed you, you grabbed your bow and an arrow. After putting some distance between you and your enemy, you turned around to shoot. Headshot!
The Bokoblin fell to the ground, dead. You sighed and wiped the sweat from your forehead, continuing on your way.

After some time, you spotted something in the distance. Or more like someone. You saw a blond mop of hair and that the person was wearing a blue garment. You watched the person in surprise as they walked off.
What is someone doing here, in the middle of nowhere?  you wondered.
Without thinking further, you decided to follow them. Careful not to let them see you, you constantly hid behind trees, bushes or rocks. As you got closer to the person, you noticed it was a boy, probably around your age.
Suddenly you saw a chest, hidden under one of the rocks. You looked at the boy, who was still in sight and then back to the chest. Forget the boy; you couldn't leave this chest here, lying around, waiting for someone to open it. You cracked it open, slowly, fearing he would hear you. You looked inside excited. 50 rupees! Better than nothing and still totally worth it. You hastily grabbed them.
Leaving the chest be, you peeked around the rock, you were hiding behind. Shocked, you noticed the boy was nowhere to be seen. You looked around the other side and even over the rock but you still couldn't find him.
Suddenly a face came into your view and you found yourself looking right into a pair of bright blue eyes.
"Are you following me, or what?"

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

first time for me to actually publish a xreader fanfiction (ノ*゚ー゚)ノ

I started playing Botw the day it got released here in Germany and still haven't finished bc there's SO MUCH TO EXPLORE (」゚ロ゚)」

there are way too few Botw fanfictions out there so I decided to write my own

hope you enjoy it! ヽ(°◇° )ノ

(PS got some tips to improve it or found any mistakes regarding grammar, spelling etc? leave a comment bc I'll be glad for every help I receive since I'm not a native english speaker :3 )