3 | Memory Of The Princess

Suddenly your vision became blurry and you felt yourself falling back.

The sun shone directly on your face when you opened your eyes. "Ngh~" You quickly hold a hand in front of you.
"(Y/N)! Did you fall asleep again?", someone chuckled next to you. You turned around to look at Zelda who walked around, taking photos of flowers. You stood up and made your way over to her.
"Did you find the Silent Princess?", you asked.
"Sadly, no. Maybe Akkala isn't the right place." Zelda's eyes saddened a bit. She really wanted to see the endangered flower but it was almost nowhere to be found.
"Ha! Don't give up yet, Zelda! We're gonna find that flower, even if we have to jump into the pits of Death Mountain!", you exclaimed loudly, patting one of her shoulders which made the blonde-haired princess laugh.
"Thank you, (Y/N). You're a great help", Zelda smiled but added in a rather annoyed tone, "Unlike a certain 'hero' who should be here right now, protecting me."
You knew it was Link, the Chosen Hero, she referred to. Though you couldn't see why she didn't like him since you and the boy were really good friends. But you guessed it was just one of those moments where you see someone and instantly know, you aren't going to like that person ever.
It was true; he wasn't here but it wasn't because he forgot or something like that.
"Well, you ordered him to stay away from you, remember?" You grinned and scratched the back of your head after reminding Zelda of her own words. Zelda stopped in her tracks, glaring at you and mumbling something along the lines of 'I don't need him.'

"Come on, let's ride back to the Castle", Zelda said as she hopped on her horse which you did as well with yours.
After riding in silence for a while, you spoke up again. "As your best friend, I advise you not to treat Link like that. He really does his best to help and protect you and Hyrule. And maybe if you get to know him, you'll see, he isn't that bad", you explained your thoughts to her, hoping she would understand.
"(Y/N), I know he's a friend of yours but please leave it be." Zelda looked at you and again her eyes were filled with sadness. "It's something you can't understand."
"You're wrong", you answered back, almost interrupting the princes. "I know, I'm not supposed to know but Revali accidentally told me when he complained about Link."
Zelda opened her mouth in surprise.
"But we agreed on not telling anyone!", Zelda squeaked, her voice being higher than usual, showing her anger.
"At least it wasn't on purpose", you tried to calm her down.
"Well, don't you want to laugh at me? Or do you want to tell everyone in Hyrule?", your friend grumbled bitterly, gripping the bridle tightly.
"Why should I? You can't activate your power yet, so what? You're my friend; I don't make fun of friends", you stated and gave her a reassuring smile. Zelda didn't say anything but from the look on her face, you could tell she believed you.

When you reached Hyrule Castle, you were already awaited by the four champions.
"Princess, you left the castle without permission again, didn't you?", Urbosa asked in a scolding tone.
"(Y/N) was with me which means I was safe." Zelda waved her hand in your direction, making you feel a bit uncomfortable since everyone looked at you now.
"I mean, we didn't run into any monsters, so...", you tried to justify yourself but ended up mumbling incoherent words.
"Why didn't you take Link with you?", Mipha wanted to know. Zelda opened her mouth to respond but Revali interrupted her by saying: "Speaking of the devil." and nodded behind you and Zelda. You turned around and...

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

ayeee cliffhanger wassup

hope you enjoyed the chapter :)