Chapter Three

I love this banner so much!! Thank you for making this for me marshmel0dy (:

Send in your banner if you would like a mention to my email Midika36@gmail.com

Word Count: 2011

~Dawn

"As if."

"Come on..."

"No."

"Why not?"

I sigh. "I said no."

"That not an answer."

A year was enough time for Rylan to become even more infuriating. Right now, he has decided he wants me to accompany him to dinner tonight, at some fancy restaurant he enjoys. Personally, sitting in an enclosed space with pompous people does not appeal to me.

I explained my thoughts to him, which he replied with a rather coy smirk, and I knew he didn't understand. What I have gathered from him so far, is that he enjoys watching me squirm with wariness about everything he puts in front of me. Honestly, I believe he is too comfortable with me now being in his possession.

However, I'm still thinking of a way to change that.

"Go on, Dawn," Rylan insists. "Someone has already drawn a bath for you."

A low growl rumbles in my throat. Being told what to do doesn't really sit well with me. Rylan is just a privileged Alpha of Purity, who fails to act like one. If anything, he should be sporting white all the time and have a few doves perched on his shoulder.

That was how I always imagined him anyway.

Not this tall, slender yet rather defined male, who enjoys wearing the sleekest black clothes that accentuated his waistline and broad shoulder.

"I'm doing this because I want a bath," I tell him, poking his chest threateningly, although he only smirks. "Not because you told me too."

I turn on my heels, glad to confirm with Rylan that I'm happily stubborn.

He was right when he said someone had drawn a bath for me. Not only that, the strange porcelain thing I haven't seen in a very long time has been dressed better than me. Sweet little rose petals float like miniature sailboats across the expanse of the water. Even a subtle smell of roses and lavender wafts up.

I had to scour the ensuite to make sure whoever had created this small masterpiece wasn't hiding in my room somewhere, before I could safely undress.

I did so slowly, letting the gentle satin kiss my limbs on its way off my body.

I should be grateful Rylan is giving me some space, at least. If he was demanding me to stay in his room with him, I think I may have committed to the consequences of 1st degree murder. As I put my first foot into the bath water - the warmth sending a  shiver up my leg, and to my spine - I mentally thank Rylan for his wealth and ability to pamper me, even if it does make me feel a little guilty. Poor Lucy.

Slowly, I let my bare body sink into the silky water, the scent wrapping me like vines of utter pleasure, dragging me down, until my shoulders were completely submerged, and my neck rested on the edge of the bath.

Okay, this I can deal with.

The water doesn't feel brittle and icy like it did in all the streams I bathed in. Also, there was a lack of mud and slime underneath me, with an absence especially, of a stick in my back. And don't forget the roses and lavender. None of those exotic flowers growing in the forest.