Chapter Five

This banner is so simple and I love it so much! Thank you a lot to ayamouakkil for making this for me! (:

If you would like to send your banner in for a special mention, my email is open! Midika36@gmail.com

Word Count: 1876

~Dawn

He leant against the thick base of the tree like prey.

My mind played with ideas, as my eyes follow the line of the slight quivering bow in my hands. It's handmade and not all that reliable. It will do the job though, if I decide to completely blow my cover. It might be worth it though, to see him in pain, even if it's for a flicker of a second.

He had his dark leather outfit created especially for Rylan's guards. They never used to wear the bulletproof clothing, or wear hoods over their faces. They never were from the Power Pack either, where some of the most elite soldiers were trained. I remember when they were incompetent Purity Pack members who were too scared to hurt anyone.

It has all changed since I escaped Rylan for a second time, three months ago.

I pull the string of the bow back, hair it groan very slightly by my ear. It's not often I use the bow and arrow pair that I made messily, but today, I need to put a little unease into these highly trained law enforcers. They have been hanging around in the wrong part of the forest to Lucy and I, so I have decide to send this arrow at them to think they are on the right track.

That's my theory anyway. I'm not sure if they will actually catch on, since they are all brawn over brains.

The arrow hits him exactly where I had anticipated. Right in the foot.

I only gave myself a single moment to rejoice in my perfect hit, before I pull my mask of leaves across my body. Being in a tree is a more dangerous way to stalk the guards, but it gave me a good vantage point at least. I could see perfectly, as the Elite didn't move a single inch. His eyes fell down to the arrow in his foot, not making a single sound, like I had expected him to.

His lack of reaction made me nervous, as pulled the arrow from his foot without a moment's hesitation. A sheen of blood glinted off it, confirming that it had gone in, yet he acted as if it hadn't, letting his shoe keep the wound in.

Then, he casts a dark gaze up to where I was in the tree.

I didn't move an inch.

He can't possibly see behind these leaves, so he shouldn't know I am hiding behind here. I even hold my breath, seeing those cruel, shallow eyes from between two leaves. Then, he snaps the arrow in half, and turns to his small group, who had been silently watching him. They knew not to speak until commanded to.

"She's here," the Elite muttered, his voice low, as if to conceal it from me hearing. I did thought, and I was quick to turn to the trunk, scaling down the tree so quick, my arms scraped viciously until blood was drawn.

As my feet touched the ground, and I turned to see myself surrounded by the Elite Guards.

They are a lot more intimidating than they once were three months ago. I've managed to evade them at all costs, but now, as they stand in front of me, I have no other choice to accept their presence.

Leather clad, weapons strapped to their sides, masks over half their faces like Lucy liked to do, they were terrifying. An unfamiliar shiver of fear stalks up my spine, making me swallow dryly. This time, it's serious. The only common sense here is the fact that the leading Commander, Burke still runs the show.