Chapter Four

This is such a beautiful banner made by XxCallMeFaithxX thank you so much for this! (:

Send in your banners now for a special mention! (: Midika36@gmail.com

Word Count: 2044

~Dawn

The restaurant was beautiful.

It has been too long since I have had a taste of what civilisation looks like, but wealth? This place may be simple and quaint, yet I still see the little things that make it worth more than I could ever fathom. From the richly coloured table and classic art work strung on the wall. It made sense that this is one of Rylan's favourite places to go.

The warmth from blazing, crackling fireplace to my left makes me aware of how warm it is in here. Shackles of heat wrap around my wrists, making me increasingly nervous.

I feel Rylan's hand on the small of my back. "Shall we sit?"

The queasy feeling building in my stomach wants to be expressed, however, I keep my mouth firmly shut. If I say something, I may anger Rylan, and that isn't going to get me any closer to Lucy. My poor little sister must be freezing outside, and hungry too. Guilt fills the place where luscious food may go.

"You look worried," Rylan notes, as he pulls a chair out for me to sit on. I do so quickly, making sure my outfit fit perfect under the table.

Rylan sits in front of me, gently pushing a vase of pretty purple flowers out of the way, so he could see me properly. Every time I look at him, I see an Alpha who has never had to fight for what he wants. He has never been exposed to the horrors of life outside a Pack, and how a lack of family can do so much to impact you.

I have to keep reminding myself that it was my fault. My decision to leave them.

"I wonder why," I mutter, looking down at my hands bunched in my skirt. Meeting Rylan's gaze may just tear a hole through the facade I have been wearing tightly around me.

He sighs. "I'm willing to compromise."

At his words, I decide to look up. His silvery blue eyes are like a veil, hiding something behind them, that I wish to uncover. The steely expression on his face matches the colour of his irises, yet, he still manages to seem indifferent. What would he do if I slapped the impassiveness form his expression. Would he slap handcuffs on me again?

Is he afraid of me?

"I don't believe you," I say confidently, placing my hands on the table in front of me. "I don't believe you can change your ways."

Rylan seems to think carefully about my words. When I first met the Alpha, he was strict in his ways of possession and protection. His belief in the Moon Goddess made him all the more hardened and forceful about his way, which made me especially uncomfortable. He's even shy about touching me, as if I might give him the worst form of sin like some disease.

"I'm trying," he says hoarsely. "I really am trying."

I don't really believe him. "If you really wanted to change, you wouldn't have corned me, and kidnapped me. You would have accepted that I don't need you anymore. That I am better on my own."