[Oh, you fill my lungs with sweetness...]

Somehow, you managed walking through two somewhat-normal days... of your erasers being stolen, someone "accidentally" stepping on and ripping your journal's book cover in half, your workout bag having orange juice spilled inside and soiling your knee pads, and not to mention the constant glares throwing daggers into your soul... You somehow made it to lunch time on Thursday, sitting on top of the roof with Hana. Hana casually decided to take you up on the roof because she could tell you couldn't take the staring anymore despite never speaking up about it...

Your aura said everything as you have a bad habit of every emotion showing on your face like an open book.

"I wonder what caught his eye..." she mumbled staring up at the clouds munching on some leftover pizza she brought for lunch.

You sucked on your juice box laying your hand on Hana's head, "You eat too many carbs. How do you do it?"

"Ehh~ I just love pasta and pizza and-"

"And everything that isn't fit for a volleyball player to be eating." You finish her sentence shoving a carrot in her mouth.

You and Hana began playing volleyball together in the junior high you both attended. Your middle school wasn't the best nor the worst... However, you barely had a team. You fell in love with volleyball from the get go when you first received a ball from a few club upperclassmen who turned your arms purple on the first blow. The school wasn't large enough to have a full blown team... But everyone practiced together and had a lot of fun. Both of you being a bit on the short end of the stick of 5 feet and 3 inches, it was difficult to grab an opportunity where you weren't looked down on by some of your teammates who were a little below or above 6 foot. You managed to convince Hana to begin setting for you in your second year of middle school as you studied your ace close enough to nab their attention when you finally were put on the court.

Volleyball was beautiful, using your full body to hone and manage a balance between power and accuracy. The feel of the ball in your hand when you racked up service aces or spiking the perfect set up to strike in the sweet spots of the opponent's gaps.

Never being a huge sporty kid... Mostly because of not wanting to get into anyone's business... However you truly became a different person on the court. Confidence flowing, wanting to improve more and more, craving for the ball every rally. Hana was always there to support you-

"Ah." you felt something flick the tip of your nose canceling your rambling backstory.

You saw a huffing Hana below you, "Geez, [Name], sometimes you space out too much. Were you even listening?"

You blinked a couple times with a blank smile on your face, the "I-don't-know-&-wasn't-listening-face". Looked a little like this: ( 0 v 0 |||)

However, during your playful teasing of each other, the lunch bell rang signaling classes about to start again. Hana sits up and turns towards you. Grabbing each other's arms, putting her feet on yours, you pull each other up by balancing the weights and power through timed accuracy of each other's pull.

While speed walking back to your separate classrooms, Hana pulled her head from her classroom's door before closing it.

Hana says with a sly smirk on her face, "I'll be waiting for you outside after class, heh~!"

She slammed the door shut with a farewell giggle that sent a shiver went down your spine.

T v T ... You daydreamed through the rest of your afternoon classes. Then the last bell hit you like a slap in the face. You immediately felt an intense gaze of your heavily breathing best friend from the back classroom door. You saw the gleam in her eyes a mile away.

Ah. Here we go, I guess-?! 

To be continued...

Once upon a time, I heard a little tidbit of how people usually write xReader stories. They usually base the expectations of the [Reader] as their own selves in order to write these types of stories. I just thought that was really cool //is a huge nerd
While I was writing this, I was laughing at my own writing of shoving the carrot in Hana's mouth. 'Cause I always get on the person she is based off of about eating more healthily //coughs you know who you are cOUGh//

I also wanted to hear your input of the characters in the story so far? Leave a comment below if you'd like~ But know that I would love that the most lolol //dabs out