[Can I be close to you...?]

"Haha...You didn't need to thank me. I rambled on a lot with my background and I made you have to listen through since I was taping your foot. Anyone would have done this, haha-!" You smile, trying to say as you wipe the tears that had dribbled down to your chin.

"But I meant it." Oikawa keeps staring at your eyes.

Like usual.... YOU DON'T DO WELL WITH CONFRONTATIONS.... OR COMPLIMENTS EITHER. You internally are panicking for going all sentimental in front of Oikawa so quickly!!

"You have a lot of confidence and passion when it comes to volleyball, I saw it-!" Oikawa rushes to say quickly sensing how awkward you were feeling.

"Wait how did you..." You look at him a little confused. "Did you see me during the game...?"

"Ah, wel- WAH" Oikawa flinches as you flick him in the head telling him to pay more attention to the game rather than yourself in the stands.

"Anyways... I could tell something was different about you. I kind of sensed we felt the same way about volleyball...!" He pursed his lips pouting at being flicked.

He looked at you with curiosity... Studying your reaction carefully. You never thought you would see him so intense except on the court but... here was Oikawa, studying the average you in front of him.

"I don't... How could you tell?" You pursued his statement and stared at him harder, not about to lose this staring contest.

Oikawa smirked at you, "Your bow and the button you keep on your student I.D. lanyard."

Your jaw dropped... When did he notice those...?!

In your moment of confusion, Oikawa took the final swoop and plopped his forehead against your own, looking you dead in the eyes. Your noses touched. You blinked at the sudden movement.

Your head moved back so quickly, you knocked it on the bench behind you and he bellowed out a laugh. "[Name]-chan you are so funny-! You were trying so hard-!! Ahahah-! You remind me a bit of a former kohai!"

Scowling and holding the back of your head, you can't help but smile and laugh as well.

It had gotten pretty late already when you and Oikawa properly left the club room and began heading home.

Conversations that flowed between you two ranged from volleyball techniques, the most recent alien theory documentary from the National Channel, stupid memes you both found on the internet and would pull up on your phones, how you both were total night owls, to favorite foods and clothing...

Some point during the walk home, Oikawa had put his arm around you for support as you both continued home. Knowing you could support Oikawa... basically your role-model for volleyball and now your hero, it felt nice to know you could see in between his lines.

As a start to a new chapter in your life...and Oikawa Tooru began with it.

End.

「「「OF PART 1!!!?!!!?!! 」」」

Nyehehe I'm evil~ and disappointed at my lame ending for part 1
\(T v T \ )
BUT~ I hope you will be looking forward to the second part....?!! It's ok to have a second part right...? (> < || )Thank you to those who have read my fangirling story to express my love for this shittykawa❤️ A little snip-it into the second part... will be more lemony ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) {but tbh I'm still writing for this story...?! and haven't finished it yet despite having this for months...?!!} SO there may be a bit of time in between this and the next part... but I'll let you know when it's coming❤️】

Deuces,

SM ☆~(ゝ。∂)