Chapter Three

After the Yuri and Otabek had gotten their ice cream, they left the parlor and looked around as they stood outside of it. Otabek looked around the park as he stood alongside Yuri, licking his ice cream while Yuri used the spoon given to him to chow on his.

        Together, the two of them started to make their way along the trail that winded through the park, eating and licking their ice cream. For a good while or so, they just stayed in silence, neither one of them saying anything for neither one of them knew what to say. They both stared ahead of themselves for a little bit as they walked along, Yuri chewing on his bottom lip a little bit. He knew that if he wanted this friendship to work out that he needed to come up with something to say that sounded interesting. Well, at least got them talking anyways.

        Slowly, he looked up at Otabek as they walked. "So.... how old are you?" He decided would be a good question to ask. Otabek didn't look that old, but you couldn't go by things like that. He knew lots of people that either looked older than they really were or even younger.

        Otabek looked over to him as well before looking back ahead again and taking a bite of his ice cream. He swallowed it before answering him. "I'm 21. How about you?" He replied back.

        "I'm 18. Just graduated not too long ago." Yuri said to him, bringing his hand up and pushing some of his blonde hair out of his face. He grabbed his spoon again and took another bite of his ice cream. God, it was so good.

        Otabek nodded his head a little bit. "I thought that you looked more on the younger side." He said. Yuri chuckled a little bit and nodded his head slightly.

        "I guess you're right." He said. A small chuckle rose from Otabek and he nodded his head as well.

        "I guess I was, hm?" He said. Yuri just grinned at him and looked back down at his ice cream.

        "I was thinking that maybe we could play a small game or something to get to know each other. You know, kind of like 20 questions or something?" He said to him as he took another bite of his ice cream and let the sweet good melt in his mouth.

        Nodding his head a little bit, Otabek started to eat the cone of his ice cream. "That sounds good. You can ask first since it was your idea, though." He told him, smirking a little bit.

        Yuri rolled his eyes and thought for a moment or so before asking his first question. "What songs have you completely memorized?" He decided to ask. He himself was a huge fan of music. You could name pretty much any song and there was a pretty good chance that Yuri would know it and he would know it well, even if he didn't like it. He had over 500 songs on his phone and he nearly knew the lyrics to all of them. Plus, back before he was kicked out of his apartment, he had a bunch of CDs from a bunch of different artists and he knew a bunch of the lyrics from them as well. Needless to say, Yuri was a complete music freak. So, a good friend would have to love music as much as he did. Well, they wouldn't have to, but it would be really nice if they did.

        "Huh, that's a good question...." Otabek said, finishing off his ice cream and wiping his hands with the napkins that they had been given. "I don't ever really remember memorizing a song, it just seems to happen naturally for me when I like it. A like quite a bit of music as well, so that's a pretty long list." He said, chuckling a little bit. A giddy feeling rose inside of Yuri when he heard the answer and he had to restrain himself from bouncing up and down from exhilaration.

        "Good answer! Your turn!" Yuri said, scooping the last of his ice cream from the bottom of the bowl as he finished it as well.

        Otabek chuckled at the males eagerness and nodded his head a little bit. "Alright. How about.... What are you looking forward to in the next ten years?" He asked him.