Chapter Eighteen

Yuri was relieved when his mother had finally untied him, but not before locking him in his old bedroom, which had everything pretty much completely removed from it. The only thing that remained in there was the bed, the dresser, a couple of clothes in the dresser, and a mirror. Everything else in the room was gone. The only reason that his mother had even bothered to untie him and leave him in the room was because being he was an omega she didn't believe that he was even capable of getting free on his own.

He didn't like the reason, but it gave him time to come up with something to get free. He sat on the bed in the room and looked around a little bit. He didn't know how he was going to get free, but that wasn't going to stop him. Standing up, he walked around the room, searching through it, not that there was a lot of things to search through.

His eyes kept going back to the mirror, though. What if he was to break it? Could he use the broken glass? Staring at the door for a moment, he decided that it was at least worth a try. So, picking the mirror up and stepping back, he chucked it at the wall and instantly brought his arms up to try and shield himself as much as he could as it shattered onto the floor.

He made his way over to it and picked up the biggest piece that he could find, but would still fit into the slot. He walked over and put it in, trying to turn it and unlock the door. It didn't work well, the glass didn't seem to fit well in or anything. Groaning, he threw it down onto the ground. "I guess that I'll just have to fucking body slam it, then." He mumbled to himself and backed up to the wall across from the door. He took in a deep breath and let it out before charging at the door, slamming into it as hard as he could. He knew that the people who lived around them could probably hear all of the commotion, but he didn't care. In fact, that would be great if they did.

He felt pain spread up his arm as he slammed into it, but that his mind was quickly taken away from it as he fell flat onto the door as it came crashing down. For a few moments or so, he didn't make any movements as he laid there, too stunned. However, once he realized that the door had actually fallen and that part of the plan had worked, he pushed himself up and quickly went to the cellphone that he had seen laying on the table by the couch when he had been tied up.

He grabbed it and dialed Otabek's number while quickly hurrying to the door. It rang a couple times before his mates voice came through the voice.

"Hello?" Yuri could hear how rough and unpleased Otabek's voice sound. He began to talk to him while hurrying out of the apartment and to the elevator.

"Otabek!" He said, thrilled to be hearing his voice.

There wasn't a reply back for a minute and Yuri started to worry that Otabek had either hung up on him or that he had lost the call. A couple seconds late, though, Otabek began to start talking.

"Yuri?! Yuri, where are you!? Why did you leave without your phone?! Who took you?! I'm going to come get you!" The questions all started to come at once and Yuri didn't know which one he should answer first as he got on the elevator and pressed the button to take him to the ground floor.

"I'm at my old place. My mom took me when I went for a walk and she won't let me go. She wants to kill me." Yuri told him as he hugged himself and waited for the elevator to reach its floor. He left out the whole part about her accusing him of being pregnant, but he would tell him that later.

"What the address? I don't know where you used to live." Otabek replied back to him. Yuri was just about to reply back to him with the address when the elevator doors opened, revealing his mother standing there. As soon as her eyes landed on him, her eyes flared red.

"You little fucking piece of shit!" She snarled at him, grabbed the phone from him and breaking it right in half with her alpha strength and getting into the elevator with him. Yuri instantly backed into the corner, too scared to move or do anything, just like he had been when he first got there. He was going to get it now. That much was obvious. He was truly scared for his life at this point. What if she actually decided to just kill him?

When the elevator got back to the floor the apartment was on, she angrily grabbed onto his arm and yanked him out of it, dragging him back to the apartment and inside. She shut the door behind her and locked it before turning around and seeing the broken door lying on the ground. Throwing her bags onto the floor, she turned to him, eyes still red. "I'm going to kill you." She told him as she slowly walked towards him. "I swear to fucking god.... I'm going to kill you and that pathetic mate of yours. Maybe I should wait until he gets here and kill you in front of him? Destroying him. It would be hilarious." She said.

With every step that she took towards him, he backed away until his back was against the wall and he was unable to move anymore. He was breathing heavily as he stared at her. Shaking in fear, he watched as she grabbed a lamp that wasn't too big, but big enough to do some damage and brought it up over the top of his head.

That was the last thing that he saw before he was smashed in the head and knocked unconscious.