Chapter Nine

When 4:30 finally came around, Yuri was sitting in front of the laptop that Otabek had let him use. He was sat at a computer desk that was inside the room that was now, well, his own room. He had his elbow rested up on the table and the palm of his hand pressed up against his cheek as he sent a call request to Yuuri and Viktor. Otabek was sitting behind him on his bed, watching quietly. The call went through a couple times until they finally answered, their faces flashing up on the screen.

"Yuri!" Viktor cheered when his eyes landed on the male. "It's been forever! I missed you! That isn't your usual background, though.... And who is that in the back?" He said, his eyes landing on Viktor.

Yuri looked back at Otabek before looking back at the couple that was in front of him. "That is my friend, Otabek. He's part of the story that I need to tell you."

"Alright... start." Viktor said.

Yuri took in a deep breath as he started his story. "Alright, well.... I'm an omega. I found this out a little while ago and so did my mom.... When she did, she decided to kick me out. Being she's an alpha and dad was an alpha, they really thought that I was going to be one as well. However, obviously, I'm not. So,after that, I didn't have a place to stay and for a little while I was stuck sleeping on the park benches. Up until I met Otabek, that is. He took me in.... He's helped me so much. You guys have no idea. If it wasn't for him, god knows where I would be right now. He saved me. And I'm sorry that I didn't tell you guys anything. I was just afraid of what you guys would say."

Yuuri was frowning deeply when he heard everything that Yuri had said and was close to crying for him. "Yuri, never, ever, think that we would judge you or talk bad about you. And there's certainly nothing to be ashamed of about being an omega... I'm... I'm one, too."

Yuri's eyes widened when he heard that. "What....? You are?"

Yuuri nodded his head a little bit. "Me and Viktor found out a couple months ago. There's nothing wrong with being an omega and you should be proud of it. It's who you are and you can't change that. And I know being an omega might not seem like the best thing due to how everyone talks about it and treats the whole thing, but it's better than you think."

"How...?" Yuri asked, confused.

"Because you get the honor of giving a child life. You hold that child in you and you give it life before bringing it into this world. An omega gets to hold the family up, keeping everything in place. You take care of the kids and you can help your mate. And you can still do what an alpha does as well. There's no reason to feel bad about being an omega, Yuri." Yuuri said softly to him.

Yuri smiled a little bit when he heard this and nodded his head. "Yeah... You're not wrong. Thank you, Yuuri."

Yuuri smiled a little bit and nodded his head. "You're welcome. Do you think that he's your mate?" He asked him.

Yuri nearly choked when he heard that. "Wh-What?! You know he can hear you, right!"

Otabek smirked a little bit as he listened to them, leaning back against the bed and watching the conversation in amusement.

Viktor laughed at Yuri's reaction. "It's just a question, Yuri, but from you response, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he is."

"No! No, Otabek is not my mate, he's just a guy that's my friend! And that's it! A friend!" Yuri said.

"Damn. Sounds like the poor fellow has been friend zoned." Viktor shook his head. "That's a true shame, right there."

"He hasn't been friend zoned! He's not even my mate!" Yuri exclaimed to that.

"Keep thinking that, Yuri, but you never know. Anything can happen and you shouldn't just shut the idea out." Yuuri said to him softly, not being as hyped as his mate was being, but not completely throwing the idea out the window just yet.

Otabek stood up from where he was sitting on the bed and walked over to Yuri. "You know, Yuri, they're not wrong. You shouldn't shut me out as a possibility for this." He said, standing alongside the male as he looked over to him. Yuri's mouth fell open as he looked up at him.

"You're not actually going to believe what they're saying, right?" Yuri said in disbelief.

Otabek sighed softly when Yuri said that. "OK, now that you and them have had the talk, I think that it's about time that you and me sit down and talk." He said to Yuri. Yuri rose an eyebrow at him, but shook his head. "Alright, fine." He said before turning to Yuuri and Viktor, Viktor not even trying to hide the grin that was clearly showing on his face. "Real quick, though, before you guys go, when do you think that you'll be coming out?"

"Probably within a couple of weeks or so. We'll try to book a flight as soon as possible so we can fly out there and meet you and your mate officially in person~" Viktor purred.

Rolling his eyes at them, Yuri shook his head a little bit. "Yeah, sure, whatever. Just make sure to tell me how everything is coming along."

"Will do. Hopefully we'll see you guys soon." Yuri said, smiling sweetly at them.

Otabek smiled back at the two on the screen. "I'm sure we will."

"Talk to you guys later." Yuri said, nodding his head a little bit to them.

"Goodbye!" Yuuri and Viktor both said in unison, smiling and waving as they hung up. Yuri hung up as well when they were done and turned around to Otabek after he shut the laptop off and down.

"So, what is it that you wanted to talk about?" He asked. His eyes followed Otabek as Otabek walked back over to the bed and sat down on it, looking at the male.

"Look, Yuri, I know that they were just joking around about the mate thing, but... I don't think they're wrong." He said, staring Yuri straight in the eye as he spoke.

Yuri watched him back, but didn't speak for a moment. "Are you being serious right now....?" He asked slowly. "We pretty much just met, Otabek..... How can you know something like that within a little while?"

"I know it sounds stupid and really absurd, but your smell... the other night when you were in heat, you have no idea how hard it was for me to control myself. You're smell was so different.... I've been around many omegas who were in heat before and sure, they smelled good and everything, but it was nothing to how you smelled.... You smelled to good, so sweet.... It drove me crazy and I swear, I wanted to take you right then and there.... To have you, to claim you.... Yuri, I really believe that you're the one. I believe that you're my mate."