Chapter Seventeen

When Yuri started to come around, his head was killing him, almost like something hard had been slammed against it or something which was weird.... he didn't remember getting hit in the head or knocked out. The last thing he remembered was walking down the road when a car had pulled up beside him, stopping. The person in the car had been.... had been.... who in the hell had it been?

Letting out a long groan, Yuri slowly started to look around the apartment when he recognized it as his old apartment with his mom.

Instantly, his eyes widened. His mom! That's who it had been!

As soon as the memory of all that had happened started to come back to him, he wasted no time starting to pull and struggle in his binds. He needed to get out of there. Otabek didn't know where he was. Otabek was going to be worried about him. Otabek.....

With all of these thoughts piling up in his head, he found himself trying harder and harder to try and get himself free. Unluckily for him, though, he didn't have much time to fight and struggle before his mother entered the room, her dark, alpha eyes settling onto him with a more than terrifying look. Yuri didn't make a sound as he stared at her, too scared to say anything or even make a move with her right there.

After everything that the woman had put him through, he was petrified of her. He knew that she wasn't afraid to hurt him or anything. Him, her own son. The one she had carried for nine months and birthed. She didn't give a rats ass about him. Her next words were proof enough.

"You know, you weren't supposed to make it." She said as she stared him directly in the eye. "You were supposed to get out onto the street and suffer. Maybe come back and beg me a little bit to let you back in, that you would be a better son and not the fucking disappointment that you turned out to be instead. However, I would have still said no being it was too late. You're an omega, and once you've established that you'll never be anything more. So I would force you back onto the street where you'll be forced to be alone.... Winter is coming up, so I knew that it would be only a couple days before I got a call saying that they found you dead in a ditch or something. I'll play the depressed, sad mother who doesn't know how to go on without her son and collect my money on you. Then.... everyone would forget that you even existed."

Listening to every word that Yuri's mother sad made him want to cry. It made him want to break down and just sob to know that his mother actually thought so low about him like that, to think that she wanted him dead. He knew that she didn't care for him after finding out his true identity, but to go as far as wanting him dead? To have a full plan sketched out on how he would die? He didn't know it was this bad. He didn't want to know that it was this bad.

"Wh-Why.... Why would you....." He said slowly, fighting back the tears as much as he could. It wasn't easy. How could it be easy?

"Because you're a lowlife! You're only purpose is just to so serve and make babies for the higher up alphas!" She snapped at him. "But then..... then you want and found your mate. I kept an eye on you, just to make sure everything was going according to the plan.... You fucked it all up! You met and moved in with him! You were happy! And being happy just isn't apart of that plan for you." Snarling, she stepped closer to him.

Yuri desperately wanted to move back, but couldn't due to the chains.

"I was thinking about just killing you.... ending your life right here, right now. It's not like everyone would care, anyways. Your little mate there wouldn't know where you are, I could act all innocent." She suggested. "You wouldn't be missed and being a pathetic omega like you are.... well, I doubt that the police would even try hard to locate you." She chuckled.

The tears that Yuri had spent so hard to keep in started to roll down his cheeks as he body began to shake and he shook his head. He didn't want to die... He couldn't die... She couldn't kill him.... His heart was racing and beating hard in his chest, he felt all sweaty. He had never been as scared as he was in this moment.

"However, though....." She started off. Yuri breathed hard, scared of what her reasoning was for not killing him. Not that he wasn't relieved. As long as he was alive, he had a chance to get out and get free from her. That was all he needed. "I'm not going to do that. Not when you're carrying my grandchildren that might have a potential hope at turning out as an alpha instead of a worthless omega." She said.

The tears didn't stop, but Yuri was lost. "What th-the hell a-are you e-e-even talking about!?" He shouted at her, trying his best to get his voice to stop shaking and actually sound coherent. "I'm.... I'm not pregnant!" He said, though he knew that it was a stupid idea. If his mom was really letting him stay alive because she thought that he was carrying babies, then he should probably go along with it to expand his time. He knew how his mom worked now, though. He knew that she would find out the truth one way or another and he would much rather tell her and maybe lessen the chances of what she would do to him rather than lie and increase them.

All he got back as a reply, though, was a chuckle and a shake of the head. "You silly, stupid boy... can't even tell when your own body is carrying pups. Pathetic. Or perhaps you're purposely acting clueless? Maybe you think that by acting like you don't understand that it will keep your pups safe from me? If you're really thinking that, oh... do I have some bad news for you...." A grin revealing her teeth slid on her face and Yuri knew that there was nothing that he could say or do to get away from this psychotic woman. She already had a vision on everything and nothing that he did would change that.

-With Otabek-

As Otabek entered into his mansion with Viktor in front of him, he slammed the front door as loud and hard as he could. He was beyond pissed. His mate was missing. He was nowhere on the road and even his scent seemed to fade at a certain point down the road. Now the only thing he had to go off of was the car in the video that he had saved.

He quickly went to the computer room and into it, bringing everything back up and pausing it on the cat. He zoomed in close on the cat, but the closer he got, the more blurry it got. That wasn't going to stop him, though. And it sure as hell wasn't going to slow him down. He was going to find Yuri and bring him back home no matter what. He didn't believe that Yuri willingly ran off and was more believing the idea that someone had kidnap him. Whoever had him wasn't going to make it away alive. That was a fact.

While working along on identifying the car, he heard the door behind him open and the footsteps of someone coming in.

"Are you hungry, Otabek?" The soft sound of Yuuri's voice asked as he stood in the doorway, staring at where Otabek was sitting at it. Otabek shook his head.

"No." He said. It was a lie, he hadn't eaten in hours, even before he knew that Yuri was gone. He had things to worry about, though, and how he was he supposed to eat when he didn't know the situation that Yuri was in? What if he wasn't being allowed to eat?

A soft sigh came from where Yuuri was standing and he could hear the pregnant omega walk up beside him and look down at him. "I know you're not telling the truth. You're hungry, I know it. Please eat and don't starve yourself. What are you gonna do when you find Yuri and he needs your help? How will you have strength to help him?" He asked him.

Otabek wanted to argue against that, but knew that he couldn't. He did need to be ready for anything that went down with Yuri. He nodded his head a little bit. "Fine...."

Yuuri smiled softly. "Thank you. I'll go get your plate. You can work and eat, if you would like." He said before turning and walking out. Otabek watched as he left before turning back ahead to the screen and staring at the car. He knew in his heart that that car had everything to do with his missing mate and he swore on his life that he was going to track it down.