Chapter Twenty

It was bright and blinding and Yuri hated it. Every time he even attempted to open his eyes, he was forced to close them again due to the pain from the light that hung right above him. Honestly, where in the hell was he even at? At this point, the last bit of his memory had became a blue, plus the pain in his head and around his body made it even harder to focus on anything.

He laid there on the bed for a couple moments with his eyes closed before slowly opened them up, bringing his hand up and holding it in front of his face to try and shield his eyes as much as he could. Tilting his head down slightly, he used his eyes to look around and discover where he was at, a hospital room.

"What the hell....." He groaned softly, not sure on why he was there. Looking over to his left a little bit, he noticed Otabek sitting in a chair beside his bed and was staring at him with soft, caring eyes.

"You're finally up....." The male said softly, a huge relief feeling in his stomach. His mate was wake. His mate was OK. He was going to lose him. Reaching out, he grabbed onto his hand and brought it up to his lips, gently placing them against the back of it. "I am so fucking happy....." He whispered to him, closing his eyes and breathing in his scent as he held his hand in place. "She really did some damage to your head and they weren't sure if you were going to have amnesia, be in a coma, have a concussion, or anything....." He went on. Even though Yuri had only said three words, he could tell by just looking into his mates eyes that he was going to be OK. "Please.... Don't ever scare me like that again......" He said, even though it wasn't Yuri's fault.

"I won't....." Yuri said softly. He could feel some of his memories coming back about what happened when Otabek had said 'she' and he couldn't help the sick feeling that bubbled in his stomach. "But.... where is she? She's crazy, you know. She's going to come back for me. She's going to kill me and even you if you get in her way." The fear in his voice was strong, but the look in his eyes were worse. He truly feared her coming back for him.

Shaking his head a little bit, Otabek brought Yuri's hand down from his lips and opened his eyes back up as he looked at the blond. "No... you don't have to worry about her anymore. She's going away for quite a long time. She won't be able to harm you or the pups." He said.

"Pups.....? Otabek, I'm not pregnant.... You and her have both said that. And even if I had been, I'm sure that the beating she gave to me would have killed them." You could hear the pain at the mention of them being killed even if he was and it tore Otabek up inside.

He shook his head a little bit. "They weren't killed and you really are. I can smell it, Yuri. Here, do you want to take a test to prove it?" He asked him softly.

Yuri sighed softly, but nodded his head nonetheless. "Fine, but please, don't be disappointed when the results come back negative." He said.

"Alright." Otabek stood up and walked out of the room, going to get a doctor. A few minutes after he returned, the doctor came into the room with his clipboard in his hand, ready to go. The first thing that he did was ask how Yuri was doing and if he remembered everything. When Yuri confirmed that he did, the doctor moved down in the questions, asking and jotting everything down. When he was done, he set the board down and looked at Yuri.

"So, you want a test?" He said as he looked at him. Otabek spoke before he could.

"Yes, please. He insists that he's not, but I know that he is. I can smell them. I need to prove it to him." He explained, earning a nod from the doctor.

"Alright, well, lets get to work on it." He gave a small smile before getting the urine test and things for the blood test. Yuri watched and did everything that the doctor told him to. The tests didn't take too long before the doctor had everything that he needed.

"Alright. I'm going to go see the result and I'll be back in about ten or so minutes to tell you everything." He told them before turning and walking out. Yuri watched his retreating back before looking over to Otabek.

"Do you want babies?" Yuri questioned in a soft voice as he stared at him. While Otabek didn't seem upset or anything at the thought of pups, he was still worried. Obviously, this was his first time with something like this and the fear of Otabek freaking out and leaving him to do this on his own terrified on him. It wasn't that he truly thought that Otabek would do that to him, it was just the paranoia getting to him. He trusted Otabek and he knew that the man was a good alpha.

"Of course I want children! God, I've wanted a child of my own for a while, but I'm young. I know we're starting early, we've only known each other a couple months, but if it's happening, well, it's happening. We're not getting rid of it or anything. It's clearly a big step and we've skipped a couple, but it is what it is and I'm going to make sure that this baby has the best life that it can have." Otabek assured him.

Yuri nodded his head a little bit. "Alright.... Alright, good. I just don't want to do it by myself....." He said.

"God, Yuri, I would never let you do this by yourself.... Even if one day, for one fucked reason, we were not together anymore, you still wouldn't do this by yourself. This baby is the both of ours, not just yours. I helped make this baby, I'm going to take responsibility for the baby, too. It's not all on you."

"Thank you.... Thank you so much....." Yuri said as he stared at his mate with soft eyes. Otabek smiled softly and hugged him, kissing his bandages head tightly.

"Baby.... don't thank me. Any good alpha would do this." He told him.

"Well, I think that I got pretty lucky." A small, rare giggle left Yuri's lips. Otabek chuckled slightly at that.

"I mean, you're not wrong." He laughed, getting a light punch the shoulder. "I got pretty damn lucky, too, though..... You're going to be the best mother to my pups." He teased, calling Yuri a mother. "You're a perfect mate and I love you so fucking much, though.... God, I fucking love you. I know that we're mates and have the bond and everything, but Yuri.... I want you to actually marry me. With a wedding and everything. A cake, a party, a honeymoon. I want that all with you. I know that I don't have a ring or anything, and this isn't exactly the most romantic place, but please... will you marry me?" Looking Yuri in the eyes, Otabek took both his hands in his own and watched him with a gentle look.

Yuri stared at him, eyes wide and completely unsure of how to reply back to him. "Are.... You're not serious." He said to him.

"I am, Yuri. I really want you to marry me." Otabek whispered. "I'll take care of you, I'll take care of our pups. I'm going to give you all everything that you want and I promise you that nothing like this will happen again."

"Otabek.... of course I'll marry you." Yuri said softly, a smile sliding onto his face.

"Thank fucking god." Otabek breathed out, his own grin spreading onto his face before he released Yuri's hands and hugged him tightly. "I am so fucking happy.... You're going to be my husband.... You're my mate, my life, my everything, Yuri.... Thank you."

Yuri winced a little in pain from his other wounds, but hugged him back nonetheless. "I can't even begin to say how much you mean to me, Otabek. You gave me a home and a brand new life.... Without you, I god knows where I would be."

Otabek pulled away from the hug and looked at him. "Lets not think about that.... Lets think about our future together. From now on, it's us against everyone else. You're never going to be alone again and I swear on that." He promised him. Yuri opened his mouth up, about to respond back when the doctor suddenly knocked on the door and looked at the two.

"Sorry to interrupt the moment, but I have your results back." He said, holding up the paperwork that was in his hand. He walked into the room and over to the other side of the bed, opposite of the side that Otabek was sitting on. Opening the folder up, he looked through all of the information that was there as Yuri and Otabek held each others hand, a tight grip coming from the them. The doctor scanned the paper before looking back at them again.

"Well?" Yuri breathed out nervously.

"Congratulations, Mr. Plisetsky and Mr. Atlin. You are going to be parents."