nine

they went back home, and the next morning Louis woke up alone.

except he was fine. he was completely and utterly fine.

He moved around his room in a slight daze, and his eyes kept flickering to the window that was slightly open. He knew no one was going to come in, but he still hoped.

It was Friday morning and he had plans to meet up with Zayn, but he'd drop those in a moment if it meant time with Harry. Except, Harry hadn't left a note. Not one word.

So, Louis moved slowly around his room as he got ready for class. But, he dashed out the door so as to avoid Liam's glare and questions about the car.

He was dressed in sweats and old clothes, he walked the familiar route and found himself sliding into his spot in his first classroom. The day passed in a blur, Louis could see himself doing things but they didn't really register.

He was a walking zombie, fighting off tears and the urge to just go home and sleep. To escape. But, he remembered he had to hang out with Zayn, and the only thing he wanted to do was cancel.

To his relief Liam wasn't there when he got back home, he slipped out of his clothes and took a long hot shower. When he came out, his eyes flickered once more to the window. He ran a towel through his hair, and changed into pajamas, he still had a few hours until Zayn showed up. He decided he wasn't going to put much effort into looking nice, he didn't care if Zayn liked him or not.

Now, that he's had Harry he doesn't want anyone else. He couldn't care less about Zayn, and it scares him what he's capable of if it meant time with Harry.

His phone lit up, it was Zayn.

"Hey, I'm outside, you ready?"

Louis groaned, he really wanted to just take a nap, but he got up. Quickly changing into jeans, and a tshirt he ran around picking up his socks and shoes. He was halfway out when he realized his hair was a mess, but he only shrugged as he half waved to Zayn.

Zayn eyed him, "you're gonna wear that?"

"Yes? Problem?" Louis exclaimed icily.

Zayn shrugged, "whatever, it all comes off at the end of the night anyway,"

Louis rolled his eyes, "we'll see, where are we going?" He asked as he got into Zayn's car. He fixed his hair in the rear mirror.

"Oh just- WHAT THE FUCK?" Zayn yelled as he slammed on the breaks. Louis glanced in the rear view and his eyes widened as he noticed a familair car right behind Zayn's. But, his heart leaped as a familiar head of curly hair was visible in the drivers seat. It began to beat in a crazy rhythm when Harry stepped out of the car.

Zayn got out, and Louis quickly followed suit. Zayn's face immediately turned into disbelief when he saw it was Harry.

"What the actual fuck?" Zayn demanded angrily.

Harry only looked at him, and then his eyes flickered to Louis. Louis offered a timid smile which Harry didn't return. Louis' smile disappeared.

"I was going to ask if you wanted to hang out, but I see that you're busy," Harry said, his voice and tone emotionless.

"N-nO, I'm not," Louis instantly said.

Zayn's eyes flickered between the two of them, at Louis' words they widened incredulously. "Aren't you that same guy who barged in on us a bit ago?" Zayn demanded.

Harry shrugged carelessly, "so what?"

Zayn rolled his eyes, "look, I'm looking for a nice fuck, if you want him, by all means take him," Zayn muttered, "I'm not going to deal with this shit," Louis didn't try to let the words affect him, he just made his way over to Harry. "Can you at least move your crap car?" Zayn asked.