Chapter 7: The Divine Phoenix Ring

A/N: Enjoy~

***

Luna knew that after the Former Shu Mei's death, another soul will take over. She did not guess it from Shu Mei's background as a bullied little sister.

Luna as an existence that could rival gods, could see the soul of almost any existence. Back then when she spreaded her consciousness, she noticed that this particular girl, called Shu Mei, has a fragmented soul, which contained the Divine Phoenix Ring, this ring has the capability to revive one's owner. The souls of the vessels were usually fragmented and would result in a half concious state, while the fragment of the ring would cultivate the body until the host arrives. Meaning the Shu Mei that was living up to till now was also a part of the Divine Phoenix Ring.

The Divine Phoenix Ring is an ancient ring that the gods have created from an Immortal Phoenix that have committed a grave sin, they have refined the very soul of the Phoenix and bestowed it upon the Mortals that Phoenix have hated.
---

As the new Shu Mei awakened, her eyes were filled with hatred. As she swore the revenge of the former Shu Mei. The maid beside her was stunned, she was sure that her Miss has already stopped breathing.

But, but... The miss in front of her suddenly stood up, and looked at her!!

"Hiiii! Ghost!" The servant yelled in surprise.

Her Miss was still deathly pale and adding those bruise and injuries that she receive from her sister, she currently indeed looked like a ghost...

"What, ghost?! I just passed out and now you're crying like I died?! Aren't you actually wishing for this Miss's death?!" Shu Mei sarcastically said.

"N-no Miss! T,this servant was just--" before she could finish her words. Shu Mei put her forefinger on the maids lips.

"Ssshh." Shu Mei looked at her surroundings with cautiousness. Then using her QI to once again scan it, after repeatedly scanning her surroundings she found nothing, she then sighed in relief.

"After being betrayed like that, I may have become too cautious..." Shu Mei muttered under her breath.

This new Shu Mei is from 10,000 years from the future of this world, the very owner of the Divine Phoenix Ring, she was the eldest daughter of an prestigious Sect, her cold and aloof personality paired with her Ice cold beauty, she gained the title of the no. 1 beauty in her sect, plus her monstrous Cultivation speed, she was indeed the target of jealousy. But who would have expect that the one who was jealous the most is her very own Father?

Her Grandfather doted on her, and so did everyone. On the day of picking the new sect Master, no one had expected the Sect Master, her grandfather to pass the title on Shu Mei, even bestowing her the Divine Phoenix Ring.

Her Father in fit of anger called her upon, Shu Mei thought that her father was happy for her, therefore was expecting her father to congratulate her and even give her a gift, so she happily answered her Father's summon.

But who would have thought that as soon as she entered the room, she was assaulted with a poisonous gas, then a clear cut on her chest, her father not being satisfied stabbed her several times on head and other vital points.

As she was falling on the ground, she saw her father's infrutiated look, as if he had gone mad.

"If you just didn't exist." That was the last word that she heard from her Father, that shared the same blood and flesh as her.

--

Towards those memories, Shu Mei had mixed feelings about it, she was angry, disappointed, disgusted and in a state of disbelief that even now, that she have arrived in a completely different timeline, she still can't fully determine what feelings she had back then. Shu Mei shook her head as she got up from the barely standing bed. Looking at her current appearance she could only laugh mockingly. The cotton she was wearing was already dirty and had holes on it, the clothes that maid was wearing could be described as quite decent compared to her's.