One Body; One Purpose

" Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular. And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues." ~1 Corinthians 12:27-28

Paul tells us in this passage to act as one body, that we all have different gifts, but we should combine them.

When I look at the denominations in the Churches, I often wonder why we are so divided. As a non-denominational Christian, it makes no sense to me. Why must we as Christians be divided? Why is there no love for the other denominations? Why can't we just we come together to praise God? To learn about God? It doesn't really make a difference how we do it, hymn, hillsong, preaching, discussion, but we all believe in the Son of God, and that's what makes us one. One body.

Why do we divide ourselves over matters as petty as music styles? Or predestination? Or saints when we have an almighty, loving God who sent His Son to die for us? Could we pause on that for a moment and think about it. Imagine your child, sibling, parent, friend, hanging, dying on the cross. Think of the agony. Now imagine all of your friends standing under the cross, arguing over different music styles. Doesn't that just make your blood boil?

So what should we do? We need to love each other. Love other denominations. Serve one another. Help each other. End this division.

We should give without expecting anything in return. We need to love. If each Church denomination is the major organs in a body, or limbs, then we, the people, should be the blood that flows and provides nutrients for the other parts. Let us join together and heal the wounded Christian world.

~J.A.Penrose~

~Iraq

When the Islamic State took over Mosul in June 2014, Iraqi's grabbed the few belongings they could carry and left. Minorities like Yazidis, Shabak and Christians were given the choice: leave or die by the sword. The Yazidi population especially paid a high price with thousands of people sexually assaulted, kidnapped or killed.

The caliphate of the Islamic State was proclaimed in Mosul. And in the weeks that followed, the Nineveh plains were swiftly taken. Over 12,000 Christians fled, many were robbed of all their belongings during their escape.

Many believers fled to the Kurdish capital, Erbil. People slept in streets, parks and on the cold concrete floors of unfinished shopping malls.

"The suffering we see is unbelievable here and it makes me cry every time," said an Open Doors contact person. "I see the desperate faces of the old men and the mothers that come to collect their food and I feel so sorry for them."

Please pray for safety. This still is happening, and it only gets worse.~