Reality Sets

Nico's POV

I left her. I came up out of the water first by the lake. That freezing cold water. On the way up I kept thinking about her. Hoe miserable her life would be with me. This had to be it. I had to let her go. I came up out of the water and swam as fast as I could under the bridge and I hid. I hid like a coward. She looked and she searched and she called for me.

My heart broke sitting there watching her struggle, she got to land and I saw her breaking down. Losing her mind. God it was so hard not to just swim to her, hug her and tell her I was there. That I was with her. That I hadn't left her. But that couldn't be the case... it just couldn't....

I stayed late, it was damn late and I was watching her and Lorenzo come back to the lake Still searching for me. I felt like my whole world was crashing down. This would be the last time I saw the love of my life, full of despair, or so I thought.

I saw Lorenzo he wasn't sad or upset he was angry full of anger. All that I could hope now after watching them drive away was that he would take good care of my baby for me. She would need him.

Once they were gone and out of sight. In the dark I got a taxi and rode to an old beaten down motel. The motel had internet and a laptop. I needed to get in touch with some people I had to end this for Amora. To keep her safe from a distance. But not tonight. It had been a long day.

I took a shower and climbed into the lumpy ass bed. God I hate this. I'm all on my own. I just want to hold her. I can still smell her perfume. Feel her soft hair brush past me and feel her heart beat when I hug her. I just wanna see her one last time. I wanna say goodbye to her.

The next day I got my lazy ass up and got on my laptop to message this fucker. Mylon dies today! I'm not waiting anymore he's the reason we lost so many. He's the reason my love is gone, he's the reason Lorenzo couldn't stay. He's the reason for all of this pain and anger built up inside of me. He has to go. It's time. So we came up with a spot as a time. We agreed no men, back up, no weapons we keep it clean.

While I was on my way to Alison's reustaurant the only thing I could say to myself over and over again was "This is for you baby no matter what happens". I didn't know if I was walking into a trap or if I would make it out alive but I had to try to her.

I don't know what she did to me. I was soft. She had soften my heart and... no no no, Nico focus, focus on the task at hand that man. He has to die now!

I was standing there with face to face with this monster, abuser, rapist, criminal. Ready to end his life on the spot! The deal was no weapons and no back up and he brought a gun of course. Then it happened. She jumped in front of me I hadn't even realized who she was. What she was doing. But I know now. She was protecting me.

Did she die protecting me?

I went to the hospital immediately after dealing with Mylon and there she was with a sheet over her face, over her whole body. She had been pronounced on scene.

Did she die protecting me?

I went to the hospital immediately after dealing with Mylon and there she was laying on her hospital bed. Lorenzo did it he saved her life.

The day of the funeral was hard. Standing before her coffin in complete agony. Why would she risk her life for me? She deserved to live more than anyone in this world.

The day of the funeral was easy. Standing before his coffin in complete happiness. I had to be there to be sure he was dead.

Was he dead or was she dead?

Lorenzo had to snap me out of my little day dream but what was I dreaming.

Amora. My love
He could hear her voice.

This is for my family
He could hear himself saving before he ended Mylon's life.

After the funeral Lorenzo drove him back to his place.

Lorenzo. You can stay as long as you need

He wasn't in any particular mood. Not happy nor sad.

I put my bags down and I saw Amora sitting on the bed. She didn't wanna come to to funeral she had told me earlier in the day. But I went. I had to be sure.

Amora. Nico, how was it honey?

Nico. Hey love, it was you know a funeral

Amora. I made you and Lorenzo something to eat

Nico. Oh you didn't have to do that
He said grabbing her and throwing her on the bed.

Amora. You two have been through enough baby, it was the least I could do