Now We Settle

Lorenzo. Now we celebrate.
I was here with Amora and Lorenzo. We were celebrating a victory. It was beautiful. Mylon was dead so who was left now? No one? Could we finally settle down now.

I looked at the beautiful girl sitting across from me and she smiled.

Amora. What is it Nico?

Nico. I just love you so much, I couldn't imagine ever having to go a day with out you

I reached across the table and took her hand. Then Lorenzo cut in.

Lorenzo. So when are you going to propose lover boy ?

Nico. Good question

I chuckled. In my mind I was definitely thinking. As soon as possible. I will marry this girl and we can have a baby. Before I met her all I could think about was the syndicate. Everyone knows I'm okay and that I'm back now so I'm expected back there soon but not now and it definitely wasn't something to think of in this moment.

A few shots around the table and laughing and giggling. I picked up Amora and took her back to my room. She was laughing as I threw her down on the bed.

Amora. Oh Nico what are you going to do to me?
She said smirking.

Nico. Honestly my love, I just want to lay here with you
I said laying down on top of her.

Amora. What's been wrong?
She sounded concerned.

Nico. Nothing, nothing at all
I rolled over so that she was laying on top of me now. I don't want to do anything but be here and exist in this very moment with her.

Nico. You ready to go to sleep?

Amora. Yes, I think all that alcohol is starting to get to me.

I moved her up to the head of the bed and tucked her in then got in next to her but there was no point Because she just laid her head on my shoulder.

Amora. I love you Nico

Nico. I love you too baby, get some sleep

Amora. Baby?

Nico. Yes?

Amora. We don't have to run anymore right?
She said sitting up over me. I knew she was looking at me even though it was dark.

Nico. Lay Your Pretty Little head down, you have nothing more to worry about, all the bad guys are gone

I didn't know if I was lying to her or if I genuinely believed that I had gotten rid of them all.

Amora. Okay
She did as she was told and laid back down on me and she was fast asleep. All that I could feel all night long was her body intertwined with mine.

In the morning I woke up. I woke up alone. I went to go brush my teeth and wash my face and I came out to see Lorenzo sitting at the table. He looked a mess, his hair messy, his eyes glued on his newspaper.

Nico. Lorenzo

Lorenzo. Hey boss, how did you sleep?
His voice hoarse and cracking.

Nico. Good, what about you?
Then he gave me a confusing look.

Lorenzo. You slept good?

Nico. Yeah I did

Lorenzo. You slept good knowing you just lost the love of your life two days ago

Nico. What?

Lorenzo. I'm sorry do you not remember! You playing dead and getting her killed!

Nico. She was here last night