3.05

• • • • • •

• • • • • •

{Chapter 5: Red Paint and Oldy}

"Are we running away? Is that what we're doing? I don't wanna run away" Maya asks the girls as they walk down to the subway. She and Riley holding bags full clothes. "Yes! Is it not exciting?" Issy says excitedly.

"Maya would. This should be your idea, not mine" Riley says. "Why we do we have all of my clothes?" Maya asks.

"Get on the subway" Rose pushes the girls. "Wouldja just tell me where we're going?" Maya says.

"To find you" Issy says. "Isn't it obvious?"

"All my life, I always wanted to be you, Maya. Remember how we stood here, and I put lip gloss on for the first time, because I wanted to be bad, like my best friend?" Riley says as they stand on the subway. "Hun, how do you see lip gloss as a bad thing?" Rose asks.

"Lip gloss? Kissing? And that's all you taught me" Riley tells them. "Okay. We need to find me as soon as we can" Maya says.

"Remember this is how we met Lucas?" Riley says. "Yeah. What were the odds you could just turn around and there would be a guy like..." They turn and stop giggling.

"So that's how you all met him?" Issy asks. "No that's how they met him. I met him through Nathan. And I thought his voice was annoying with the whole Texas thing going for him" Rose explains to the girl.

• • •

"Hi!" Riley bangs on the window of the cabin. "Shawn" Maya says.

"Oldy" Rose smiles. "Rose... Hey guys. Come on in" Shawn opens the door.

"Nice place" Rose makes herself comfortable. "Thank, Rosalie"

"I'm new. New old person I have yet to know" Issy says sitting with Rose. "You two-"

"Cousins" Maya and Riley say unison. "Great" the man sighs.

"Nice move, Maya. Runnin' away, comin' here. Somethin' I would do" Shawn says proudly. "Wasn't her idea" Rose says.

"What, you did this?" Riley says. "Yeah, how 'bout that?"

"Tell him why we're here, peaches" Issy says. "I don't wanna tell him" Maya says.

"You came all this way. Tell me" Shawn walks to the stove. "You made us tea?" Riley asks.

"Oh! Yeah! And I got these Swedish butter cookies" Shawn says happily. "What's become of you?" Rose asks.

"I'm evolving. It's, uh it's actually been quite a journey. I like who I am. Look! Mountains! And trees! So many trees! Oh, and there's that squirrel that I talk to!" Shawn says. "You disgust me. You are supposed to be the hot/cool uncle. You should be ashamed of yourself man!" Rose says.