Chapter 7: Guardian of the Hunt

Everyone faceplamed from Percy's obliviousness. "No. You've been gone for a long time my son. Poseidon said, his features rapidly becoming younger. Athena flashed down and hugged Percy. "Um...Lady Athena, why are you hugging me?" He asked awkwardly. "Can't I hug my step-son?" She asked. Percy's eyes grew wide, then he noticed the crown on her head. His jaw dropped open. "Y-you married my father?!" He asked. She nodded. He hugged her hard. "Percy, she's turning blue." Percy let go of the gasping Athena. "So Percy why are you here?" Zues asked. He bowed. "Lord Zues. I wish for a job. Nebular is going back to running her intergalactic fleet and I won't have much to do." Zues stroked his beard, thinking. "I have a job for you. But you'll have to accept first before I tell you." Percy sighed and nodded. Zues brightened up. "Good, you'll be the guardian of the hunt and I hereby bless you with wings and allow to travel in my domain now bye!" Zues flashed away. Percy gulped. "FATHER!" Artemis screamed. No response. Zues probably flashed to the other side of the planet just to escape his daughter's wrath. "Arghhhhhhhh!" She screamed, sending an arrow into her father's throne. She turned to Percy, anger clearly evident. He shrank away from her. "Meet me in Yellowstone Park. No later by midnight today. I have to warn the hunters." She disappeared. Poseidon laughed and placed a hand on Percy, making him glow. "You have my full blessing, as well Athena's. Good luck my son. And try to survive." Poseidon said and flashed away with Athena. One by one, several gods blessed Percy. Aphrodite turned him into a male supermodel, which didn't help. Apollo gave Percy enhanced healing. Hermes gave him more speed. Hades and Hestia their blessing. Hades to shadow travel and raise the dead, Hestia the ability to summon fire and meals. Nebular turned to Percy, she nodded at him and passed him something. He raised an eyebrow. "If you need help. Press that. It'll instant contact me. Don't forget your weapons. The tent is already on the ship. You might wanna take everything in your room and put into you tent. I'll need the ship." He nodded. The two flashed away.

<Bob says hello...😢>
Percy pushed his way through the brush. He reached a clearing and tensed. Someone was here. An arrow flew at him. He easily dodged and quickly activated his stealth armor, slipping into the shadows easily. Artemis leapt down from the tree. She looked around. "Damn... he's fast." She muttered. "Thank you Lady Artemis." A voice said nearby scaring her. She spun to see Percy moving out of the shadows, the moonlight seemed to be sliding off his armor. He bowed. "My hunters are a mile north of here. See if you locate them. Good luck." She disappeared. Percy unfolded his new wings and shot into the night sky. With the pitch black wings and his black armor, Percy became literally invisible.

Artemis flashed to her campsite, clearly disgruntled. Her father just went and assigned Percy to guard her hunters, though she pitied the boy for having a fate that had befallen many of her hunters. She knew he was different from other men. "Girls I have bad news." She said. "Zues has assigned us a male guardian." Complains broke out. "Quiet down! This male has been through what you have, if not even more." "Who is he? And where is he?" Thalia asked, still sad about her cousin. "I left him in a clearing a mile back, and gave him wrong directions. Also Thalia, you might be happy about him." Thalia raised an eyebrow. "At least you get to prank him." Artemis winked at them. They sighed happily. "Hope you weren't talking about me!" A voice said from behind Artemis. Artemis freaked out and screamed. She spun. Percy was there. Thalia stepped forward. "K-Kelp-Head?" She asked. Percy gave a small sad smile. "Hey Pinecone face," he said quietly. Thalia wrapped him in a hug. "So you're the Guardian of the hunt?" Percy nodded. Thalia smirked. "Well then, you'll have a lot of fun here right sisters?" Thalia turned to the hunters. They nodded together. "Ay ay captain." They chorused together.

I am so dead. Percy thought.