Chapter 8:Feelings

Percy was right when he thought that he was dead. Artemis gave him chores to do. A lot of chores. Percy was to wash the Hunters clothes, sharpen arrows, cook their food, etc, etc. She also told him she would be teaching him archery. Percy sighed and went over to the river bank. Holy Styx! He thought, there must be over a thousand articles of clothing in this pile! Percy sighed and used his powers to soak the pile of clothes, then slowly separated them. He soon realized their undergarments were in the pile as well. With an extremely red face, he used his powers to dump the undergarments into a bag and dried them without touching them. With a wave of his hand he flame-traveled the bag to Artemis, with a note stating why the clothes inside the bag was not folded and reassurance he didn't touch them.

<Artemis>
I was busy training my Hunters, then out of nowhere a bag poofs into existence over my head and dumps its contents over me, which turns out to be the hunt's underwear. The Hunt laughed at my situation. A note flutters down.

Artemis,

This are the Hunters' underwear. I do not dare touch them, nor will I ever do that. I've wash and dried them with my powers, but the folding is up to y'all.

Percy

I quickly gather up the the underwear and sent them to their respective hunters' tents. Looks like Percy passed my test that I'd set.

<Percy>
With a sigh of relief I finish folding the Hunters clothes. I easily transport them back, then head for lunch. I reach the dining tent to see every hunter glaring at me. "You're late boy." Artemis spat at me. "Oh sorry great lady Artemis I am totally sorry for being late as I totally wasn't doing the washing of roughly a thousand articles of clothing." I say sarcastically. She glared harder, although I could see Thalia trying not to laugh. Artemis sighed. "Just summon some food." I waved my hand and a buffet appeared. The Hunters attacked it like wolves. I turned to leave. "By the way Percy, in three days on Friday we'll be doing a weapons check, so get all your weapons." I sighed mentally, nodded and left the tent with a swish of my cloak.

~Time Skip~
I put the last arrow down, as sharp as...um...a sword...

Yeah a sword, let's go with that, as sharp as a sword. I stretched, hearing all the clicks and cracks from my spine. I walk out of the tent, tired. Then suddenly I found myself in the air. There was laughter from nearby. Using my powers I caused the moisture around the hunters to thicken and condense. Half a second later I heard a scream and Thalia walked out from behind a tree drenched. "Not funny Seaweed brain." I flinched at the name she used to call me. Thalia noticed. "What's wrong?" She asked. I just shook my head and quickly flame traveled back into my tent and cried, remembering the times we had together.

<Thalia>
I knew that Percy was hurt badly, but not that bad that he will cry whenever his past was brought up. I heard him crying after I said "Seaweed brain". All the hunters did. Several had looks of pity. A few were skeptical. I can understand from their stories. Most of them are in the hunt as they got their hearts broken by a boy. I can see where they're coming from. Hell. I joined the Hunt as a tribute my late girlfriend Bianca Di Angelo. (AN: This is for you ItsYaHuntress ) Not many people knew that we were a couple. We had only been together for a few days before she was forcefully ripped from me by death. Hades, we haven't even had our first kiss yet. I swore to never love any other except Bianca since then. I believed Percy suspected, but left us to tell whenever we were comfortable with it. Artemis gave Percy's tent a look of pity and shook her head. She came over to me. "Take care of him Thalia. Even I'm forced to admit he isn't like others in the world. He's probably one of the last few good men left." I stared at her in shock. She gave a small smile and disappeared to the moon chariot. I went over to Percy's tent. It wasn't soundproof and I could hear him snoring lightly, although he would mumble stuff like "Annabeth no!" And "Please don't hurt her!" It was sad on how a great hero could be reduced to tears over a girl.

<Artemis>
I look down on Thalia as she stood by Percy's tent, a sorrowful look on her face. I gazed down on the tent with a sad look. As much as I hate boys even I have to admit that this man was...different. He wasn't like other men who boast all day and play with girls hearts. Percy was...

"Handsome."

Whoa. Wait. Where did that come from? I was just thinking of how Percy was different.

"But you know how different he is. Not just in personality, but in looks. His raven hair, his sea-green eyes, his lips..."

I slapped myself. Literally, where did those thoughts come from?

"You forgot me a millennia ago my friend." The voice whispered.

Who is this? What does this person mean?

"Shame Artemis. You forgot the only other female capable at being equals, or even better than you." The voice said.

I was scared now. Who's this?!

The voice sighed. "You seriously don't remember? Rome? Fall of Greece? Need I say more?"

Rome what-wait. Diana!

"Correct..." the voice whispered and my vision went black. When I could open my eyes, a similar auburn haired female stood before. She had more softer look than what I probably had, seeing as I kept to my Greek form through the Roman Time, allowing her to be less stern. She offered a hand for me to get up. I took it and she pulled me up. "Artemis. It's been long." Her voice was soft, but had a bitter edge to it. I guess it was partially my fault. I locked her away on the moon chariot for a long time. "Yes. It's your fault Artemis." Her stern Roman side coming through. I looked sheepishly at her. "But we have different things to take about than how locking me on the moon chariot." She said, patting the space beside her. I sat down. "So what do you wanna talk about?" I ask. She smirked. "Perseus." I swallowed hard. Being an aspect meant that she could access all my thoughts. And currently my thoughts were on that man I was thinking about. She had this "you have lots of explaining to do" grin.