Chapter 4

Ello dare. Got a chance to get on the computer tonight. Finished typing my new Warrior Cat-ish one shot "Fighting for Freedom" and published it, so I guess there's no reason not to Copy&Paste some more of "Way of the Stars." Here we go:

~*~*~*~*~*~

Leafsong was following the patrol back to the camp after the battle.  As they rushed into the thorn tunnel, one by one, Brambleclaw asked Leafsong, “Are you coming?”

“I’m going hunting by myself,” Leafsong meowed and padded away towards WindClan.  She was upset about Tawnypelt and needed some time to think.

Leafsong noticed a bush swishing and tasted mouse.  She crouched, pounced, and killed the small rodent.  This won’t even fill a kit!  She thought while burying her kill.  No wonder why ShadowClan is stealing food.  Leafsong kept on searching, but all she found were rocks, twigs, and leaves.

“Hey, it’s mine!”

Leafsong heard a young cat yowl near the lake.  She prowled carefully toward a bush and slid under it.  She saw a brown tom and a black she-cat with white stripes fighting over a scrawny squirrel.

“What are you talking about?  I caught it!”  The black she-cat leapt on the tom and slapped him with her tail.

“But I’m starving!”  The tom complained and tried to reach for the fresh-kill. 

They look hungry.  Leafsong mused.  Hungrier thanThunderClan right now.  It’ll be easy to chase them away.

“Flint, Aqua, stop!”  A white she-cat came running towards them, her amber eyes burning with anger.  “All prey caught goes back to the barn for everyone to share.”  She looked sternly at Flint, the brown tom.  “No matter how hungry you are.  Do we understand?”

“Yes, Lichen,” the two young cats mumbled together.

“Now come on,” Lichen flicked her tail.  “Stone and Pine must be waiting.  We can catch more on the way—”

Lichen was cut off as Leafsong came emerging from the bush and into the clearing.  “Stop!  What are you doing on ThunderClan territory?”

The three intruders were frozen and staring up at Leafsong as if there was a hawk on her head.  Wait, don’t I know that cat?  Leafsong wondered.  Seeing her up close, Lilac looks like a familiar cat.  Lilac finally blinked away the shock and explained, still cautious, “W-we were looking for food,” she glanced at the sky.  “Oh!  We should be going now.”  With that her, Flint, and Aqua raced into the woods to WindClan territory, forgetting their squirrel.

That was weird.  Leafsong thought.  It seemed like they were surprised to see another cat here.

Leafsong scanned the tampered squirrel and went to get her buried prey.  On the way, she thought about what she will say to Firestar.  I won’t tell him.  I’m sure they won’t come here anymore if they’re scared of Clan cats.  But even her own words didn’t convince her.  Were there more of those cats?  Did she have history with them?