Chapter 7

The cats murmured amongst each other as RiverClan slowly sat down between WindClan and ThunderClan.  There were only four or five cats from there.  RiverClan must be starving.

Leafsong stared in disbelief.  Lichenheart and Stoneclaw were stealing prey!  And they would be stealing ThunderClan prey by now if she didn’t stop them.  So, Leafsong thought.  They got worse after all these moons.

The cats became silent as Firestar began to talk.  “How long have they been doing this, Leapordstar?”

“They started just before leaf-fall, when the prey was beginning to come scarce.  My whole Clan is suffering.”  She paused and took a deep breath before going on.  “If this keeps happening, there’s going to be no RiverClan by leaf-bare.”

Gasps of shock rose among the Clans:

“But there’s supposed to be four Clans in the forest!”

“Mouse-brained rogues!  Can’t they just find their own hunting grounds?”

“StarClan, help us!”

“Silence!”  Firestar’s yowl rang out and the cats stopped.  “If RiverClan is suffering, why can’t we just help them with prey?”

The Clans protested again.  “Firestar!”  Dustpelt’s yowl was louder than the rest.  “How can we help them?  We can barely fend for ourselves!”

Firestar opened his mouth to say something, but closed it again when nothing came out.

“Yes,” Onestar, the WindClan leader, agreed.  “That is the same for us.”

Blackstar, the ShadowClan leader, nodded.  “Even if we could feed ourselves, we still wouldn’t help.”

“Stop!”  Firestar yowled as loud as he could with frustration to make the Clans quiet.  He calmed down and looked at RiverClan’s leader with sympathy in his eyes.  “I am sorry, Leapordstar, but there is no way ThunderClan can help you, even if we tried.”  He jumped down from his branch on the Great Tree.  “The Gathering is over.”

Leafsong followed her Clanmates out of the barrier.  How can RiverClan disappear?  There has to be a way to stop the rogues.  While Leafsong waited for her turn to cross the tree-bridge, she looked across the lake at the Horseplace in the distance, the rogues’ home.  Suddenly, she thought of an idea—she’ll go there, fight the rogues, and drive them away from the lake!  And she’ll see her brother and sister, fighting with her….

Leafsong shook her head.  She had to do this.  The rogues were stealing prey form the Clans.  Plus, they wanted to kill her.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Kay. This is going to be the last chapter for tonight. I'll probably finish this off sometime deffinatly this weekend, if not sooner. Leave a comment or vote if you want to. It'll make me feel good inside :3