Left Behind

When you went into the house, you saw that there was no one home. You noticed that the car was gone, but you thought that Emily's boyfriend took it. You went upstairs to your room and texted Emily. You had some leftover chips and a TV remote on your nightstand. You took the remote and turned on your flat screen TV. On the TV there was news about an earthquake in Tijuana. The chip bag fell on the floor, so you bent down to pick it up. There was a box under your bed filled with unknown objects. You were curious enough to drag it out and drop it on your bed. You opened the box and it was filled with old pictures of you and your mom. You remember how she used to tuck you in at night, and sing you songs. In one picture, her long blonde hair was flowing into your dads face. You noticed they were laughing.

You ran out of the house and shut the door behind you. You were jogging to your dads house. You wanted to ask him some questions that have not yet been answered.

When you got to your dads doorstep, you knocked on the door, but there was no answer. You knocked again. You heard someone stumble to the door. "Who is it?" The voice asked in an aggravated tone. "Its Y/N. Your daughter. I came to ask you some questions." You answered. He opened the door and his eyes brightened. "I've missed you!" He told you. You rolled your eyes. You walked inside the house and your dad followed you. It was dark and gloomy in his house. Most likely because of his migraines. "What are you here for?" He asked. "I told you, to ask questions." You answered, getting frustrated. You wiped off the dust on the old, molded couch and pointed to it. "Please, sit." You demanded. You were trying to be as polite as you could (That was very hard, especially when talking to your father). You sat on the cleanest chair you could find. "So... I found a picture of you and mom. You were both laughing. You don't do that anymore." You said, playing with an identified object on the coffee table. "You know that I don't like talking about your mother. Not since she left." He said. "I still want you to answer my question. Is that why you started drinking? Mom leaving?" You asked, trying not to trigger him. "You shouldn't ask me these questions! You know how I feel about this topic!" He gets up and runs over to you. He starts to punch you everywhere. You use the unidentified object to knock him in the head. He fell on the floor in a matter of seconds. He was unconscious. You ran outside and called Emily. She didn't answer, so you had to run back home.

When you got home, you looked at your phone and saw that there was a missed text. It was from Mark
The text read:
"Hey. I had a good time the other night, I thought we could go out to dinner sometime. If your free."

You texted back. "Yeah, I had a good time too. I am free Thursday xoxo." You were nervous to see his reply, but you were excited for your date.