Chapter 6

???: I'm Lucious Lyon
Karter: Oh look at the time, i'm truly sorry that I didn't get to know you but I have to get home. Tries to leave but Lucious stops her.
Lucious: But you just got here why don't you just sit down and have a drink. Walks to the fridge in the studio, just pretend that they have a fridge in the studio. Now what would you like? Vodka or Hennessy?
Karter: Oh no that's fine but I'd prefer water.
Lucious: Why not any alcohol? Are you pregnant or something?
Me: no I'm not pregnant but I don't want to be driving home drunk.
Lucious: So I guess you can't hold down your alcohol today.
Jamal: Today? What do you mean by today? Karter are you an alcoholic? Turns his head to look at Karter
Karter: No Jamal. I am not an alcoholic.
Lucious: well apparently it looked like you have drunk alcoholic drinks plenty of times and every time you do you apparently go home sober. Care to explain?
Karter: Now I remember. Well Jamal, I was at your father's club about a year ago and me and my friends were playing this game that we made up. I'm not explaining what the game was in general but never doubt the dice. So I ended up having to go to a bar and my friend decided if I were to have a blessing or a consequence. They made me drink 6 Martini's and a bottle of Hennessy. It seemed like a consequence to them but it was a blessing to me because they had to pay for it. So I pulled a little secret trick that I was taught by my brother.
Jamal: what did you do?
Karter: can't tell you.
Jamal: why?
Karter: because if I do it won't be a secret anymore.
Lucious: What about all the other times when you were at the club?
Karter: I was just there for my friend. I was the one driving us all back home because I don't like drinking.
Jamal: So where are they now?
Karter: who?
Lucious: Your so called "friends".
Karter: I don't want to talk about it.
Lucious: Come on tell us. Tell me and Jamal where your friends are now.
Karter: stands up I SAID NO!!! DONT YOU UNDERSTAND. NO MEANS NO AND THAT'S FINAL!!! Walks out the studio
Jamal: looks at his father and shakes his head and decides to leave the building to head home

......Time skip

Karter: crying Andre I can't do this no more. I cant be raising a child around that bitch you call a father. I just can't.
Andre: What did he do?
Karter: sobbing He was telling Jamal about something that happened in my past.
Andre: Do you want to talk about it? You don't have to tell me if you're uncomfortable talking about it.
Karter: still crying shakes her head no
Andre: Alright let's get you home.
They both get inside of  the limo.
Andre: I really care for you and the baby's health ok so im going to have to ask you to stop crying over Lucious.
Andre looks down and sees that Karter fell asleep.
Driver: Where shall I take you Mr. Lyon?
In Andre's mind: Shit. I forgot to ask for her address
Andre: To my place.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .