5

Vanessa

 2 months later

2 months later...

I woke up around 7:30 am with horrible back aches, it was so unbearable I decided I'd just stay home.

I picked up my phone and dialed Kimberly's number, she picked up on the second ring, "Hello?." She said lowly

"Hey Kim?, I have terrible back aches so I'm not going to school today so I just thought you could come over and we hang out." I said.

"Oh okay, yea that's fine I'll be over in a few minutes." She replied.

"You okay? You sound miserable." I asked curiously.

"Yeah I'll be fine my mind is just all over the place right now." She went on.

"Yeah sure I hear you on that one, but when you come over we'll take more."

"Okay I'll see you later then." She said hanging up.

I sat my phone onto my bedside table and got up combing my hair into a pony tail, I took care of my morning facial routine. As I walked out the bathroom I heard my phone go off and I saw an unknown number text me reading this

**** - 555 - 0121 : Get rid of that baby, you're such a disgrace, if you don't, you'll regret it.

I read the text over and over again before blocking the number. I immediately got paranoid and locked and pulled in all the curtains along with the windows. I put my phone down and just kept pacing back and forth. Wondering who it could actually be, I was narrowing down the suspected people and it could've either been my old foster parents or the baby's father because truly I have no other family or people close to me that I know of.

Half an hour went by and I had already showered and got situated in some casual shorts, knee high socks and a hoodie. As I was looking over the unit of chemistry in my text book I heard a knock on the door.

I set my book aside and got up opening the door to a frowning Kimberly, I held a sympathetic look on my face then hugged her, something inside me just felt the need to.

She smiled and put her bag down and walked into the living room.

"So happy you kept the place in good shape all this time." She admired looking around.

I nodded and sat at the kitchen table and Kim joined.

"So I've been meaning to ask you
If you could help me find my parents.. I just needed some sort of support because I've already got a lot on my plate." I trailed off.