6

Kimberly

I sat by my desk filling out a patients information who just arrived, just then I felt my phone vibrate, I finished what I was doing and headed to the bathroom, entering the bathroom I looked down at my phone and answered

"If you'd like to take collect call from New York State P press 1 if you refuse disconnect the call.."

Realizing that it was most likely August I wasted no time in pressing 1, after the anticipation I heard August's groggy voice.

"Wassup." He said, and judging by his voice he seemed quite annoyed.

"What?."

"I'm sorry about everything that went down between us, you're a cool girl Kim and I'm sorry for doing you the way I did, I saw you awhile back at court and I had to thank you for coming I appreciate it." He said lowly with a sigh.

"August, how could you? me out of all people, I hate you so much right now but I'll have to look past that for the sake of someone." I said truthfully.

"I apologize truly and I should've known better than that and what are you taking about?." He said through the phone.

"August I'm preg -". I was saying but to my disadvantage it was cut off since the call was only approximately 2 minutes.

I sighed and while a sly tear that fell from my face. I cleaned my self up and then continued on with my day.

***

After leaving work I stopped by the lawyers office, hopefully Chris would have some answers on that mysterious text message Vanessa received a  few weeks ago and maybe I could contact her previous foster parents or social worker and get some information on her birth parents.

I parked and got out of my car and walked into the office. Growing annoyed just as I was about to get up Chris came into view.

"Hey Kimberly, how are you?." He asked rubbing his hands together.

"I'm fine I just came to find out if you found any valuable information on that text message?." I said getting to the point.

"Oh yeah, about that I sent to the phone company and they traced it back to a number."

He took out a large brown envelope and opened it and pulled out a paper, the paper had on it a number I knew all too well, it was my father's cell number.. why was he texting Vanessa?