8

Kimberly

After finding out that I'd be having a girl I was more than excited

After finding out that I'd be having a girl I was more than excited. Leaving the doctors office I went to a few stores to grab some things. I haven't yet decided on a name for her yet, since August would be released in 1 month and judging by his attitude towards me I don't think he'd want to input any ideas for baby names I was looking along the lines of Juliette, Jahliyah, or even Julie.

4 hours later and I returned home, with several items for the baby, when I walked into the living room I saw Vanessa and this guy I remember seeing a few weeks ago studying. As I sat the items down on the floor in my room my phone began to ring.

"If you'd like to take a collect call from New York State P press one..".

I pressed one already figuring out who it was
"Hello?." I answered annoying and trying to get to the point.

"Come by I need you to pick me up I'll explain when you get here." Was all he said before the call cut off.

Sighing I lazily got up once again and put on my shoes not even acknowledging if they were the same pair, I left the house to go pick up August.

***

After going through the long process of officers searching me I saw August, I was kind of happy to see him come out but yet sad because I knew he'd most likely start seeing other women like he was doing before.

As I stood lost in my thoughts he gave me a warm hug and rubbed my stomach, I was confused, kind of angry and annoyed all in one. I should've felt happy but literally not too long ago he basically cut me off.

After having our small moment I turned around raising an eyebrow.

"What are you doing and don't touch me." I said wiping my eyes.

"Look it was for the plan just relax I'll tell you when we get to my place." He said.

I didn't bother arguing so I just nodded and took my keys out of my pocket, arriving to the car he took them and insisted on driving so I just complied instead of having to go back and forth with him.

Sitting in the passenger seat I didn't feel like speaking until I had a full explanation as to why he was acting that way towards me.

"I'm sorry Kimberly, I'm sorry for being less of a man you expected me to be, especially when you needed me." He sighed. I could tell he was glancing at me.

I didn't respond, quite frankly I didn't feel I needed to anyway, fuck his sour ass apology.

As we pulled into his driveway I got out then heard him kiss his teeth.