1

Kimberly

I checked my watch as it read 4:50 pm, my shift was scheduled to end within ten minutes

I checked my watch as it read 4:50 pm, my shift was scheduled to end within ten minutes. I then saw that Dr.Rose was ready for the next patient, I glanced over the name then got up from my area and walked into the packed emergency room.

"Vanessa Wright?." I called, soon I saw a young girl that looked around the same age as I was getting up, walking while her eyes remained fixated on the ground red and puffy I instantly felt compassion towards her.

I walked back to my desk area where my belongings were and said farewell to my coworkers until the next day. It was 5:00 o'clock on the dot and I got my coat and cell phone then clocked out. Don't get me wrong I love my job working at the hospital but today I was exhausted.

I walked outside to be greeted by a cold breeze, I used the automatic starter and started my all black Audi A5, I quickly approached my vehicle and got in, my teeth chattered as it read -8 degrees celsius. I was making my way back to my condo when I started planning how I'd spend my night I was thinking of stopping at Starbucks for a latte and then going straight home where I'd take a long hot bath and settle down and probably cook dinner.

I stopped at the stop light and turned on the radio, my favourite artist started playing; Biggie Smalls. I hummed to 'Big Poppa' and pulled into the plaza where Starbucks was, as I got out I walked towards the door, a very tall man opened it which caused the door to hit me in the face.

"Damn watch out shawty." He said mugging me.

"Are you stupid or are you fucking stupid? you hit me and telling me to watch out, make that make sense!." I yelled as I rubbed my forehead that now ached.

"But did you die? No?.. aight". He said smacking his teeth and walking away.

I shook my head and walked into the almost empty franchise, I told the cashier what I wanted and paid, once I got my coffee I sat down at one of the empty tables then slowly sipped my coffee, scrolling down my Tumblr feed, it was something to get my mind off of what had just happened.

I was so into my phone that I didn't notice when the guy that hit me with the door sat down in front of me. I put my phone down and looked at him rolling my eyes.

"Yes?, did you come back to apologize?." I said with attitude evident in my voice.

"What's your name?." He asked, with his deep voice it was almost intriguing.

"For what? If you're not apologizing then get to stepping." I asked raising an eyebrow.

"I don't see the need for a fucking attitude it's a simple question, you know I was gonna' apologize but now that I think about it, fuck it." He replied defensively . I narrowed my eyebrows and rolled my eyes. Growing frustrated he got up from his seat and left. I was so relieved because I honestly just wanted to be alone at this point.