1

Courtney POV
7:00 am
BEEP BEEP BEE BEEP BEEP
*violently slams the alarm off*
The irritating alarm tore me away from my deep slumber which I was enjoying ever so much. Alright. Today is the first day of school and I am NOT going to be late.

I pulled myself to sit up with much effort and slowly made my way to the bathroom. I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth and headed down the stairs to have breakfast.

When I got down, my mom immediately greeted me. "Good morning sweetie! It's your first day of high school today! I packed you an egg and avocado sandwich as your lunch."

"Morning to you and thank you, but honestly I'm kind of nervous. I don't know how my classmates will be like in school. I dont even know if I can manage to make any friends." I replied while drinking my glass of orange juice.

"Oh sweetie don't worry too much! It's only your first day. You will have plenty of time to adapt to the school environment. I'm sure you will make some friends sooner or later."

I hummed in response, while packing the box of sandwich into my black (A/N: Call me emo if you will) school bag and zipping it.

"School starts at 8, so you should get going now! Have a nice day!"

"Okay, bye mom!" I yell out as I picked up my school bag and stepped out the door.

Will the teachers be nice?

Will classmates like me?

Will I even like this school?

Millions of questions popped up to my head while walking to school.

Eventually I arrived. My eyes scanned through the school campus, seeing boys and girls chatting, some even nibbling on their breakfast. I walk passed numerous lockers on the sides of the corridors and the massive school buildings, trying to find my assigned classroom.

Carelessly, I bumped into someone. Uh oh.

"Hey watch where you're going, new girl." The girl spat at me, while some people shifted their gaze towards the scene that she's creating here.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to do it!" I immediately apologised to her.

"Don't ever try messing with me." She glared at me for a second before disappearing with her 'gang'.

I continued to walk around, being more careful this time, until I finally found my classroom. I sighed in relief and found myself an empty desk along with a chair, and set my bag down.

A few minutes have passed, and suddenly, at the corner of my eye, I saw the mean girl emerging into the classroom. The once chattering classroom was drowned to silence as I observed everyone's cautious gaze towards her brooding figure.

As she continued walking past desks and chairs, she spotted me and gave me yet another deadly look.

As reflex, I immediately looked down and avoided her gaze, scared to get into trouble again. As soon as I see her sit down and start to talk to people, I looked up again.

I took a brief glimpse of the classroom full of chattering girls and boys to spot a cute and muscular boy sitting across the room. He was laughing with the other boys.

He seems nice.

DING DONG DING DONG

Soon enough, lessons started. Everyone went back to their desks and lowered their noise level. The teacher came in the room and started teaching.