12

Courtney POV

Since I know Shayne's address I decided to drive him to his place.

Jessica wouldn't care after all. I didn't drink anything alcoholic so I hopefully won't crash.

I also texted sohinki that I'm tired and had to leave, bringing Shayne with me.

He said it's fine for him, but i sensed a little that he felt down.

Courtney POV

I grabbed his bag and dragged Shayne to his car. I knew he drove to prom because I watched his snapchat.

Man this guy is heavy. I opened the car door and placed him on the passenger seat. Then I drove to his place.

I searched his bag for the keys and lucky enough I found them.

I opened the door and laid him on the couch. I grabbed a pen and wrote a note.

I sat beside him on the couch, looking at him. He was sleeping peacefully.

I hope he'll get over Jessica soon. I kept thinking if his reply earlier made any sense. He sometimes looks at me in the eyes during maths class though.

Every time we made eye contact, I get lost in his blue eyes and there's butterflies in my stomach.

I pushed my thoughts aside and grabbed my phone to check the time. It's 9:45pm already.

I gently kissed him on the cheek. To my surprise, his lips lightly curled upward. Is he smiling?

My mom said I gotta go home, and I can't be home too late. So I drove home myself.

It was a silent ride. I didn't put on any music or turn on a radio, but i just kept thinking about everything that's happened between me and Shayne.

Could science explain this? Perhaps it's just chemicals making us come together, or purely just my crazy thoughts.

*the next day* (It's a saturday)

Shayne POV

I woke up, finding myself on the couch of my apartment. I hardly remembered what happened last night, but one thing's for sure. I felt Courtney's lips gently pressing against my cheek.

I saw a note on the table. Courtney's handwriting. I knew I recognized it.

________________________________________

Hey Shayne,

It's me, Courtney! I drove you home last night because you passed out. I hope you can get over Jessica soon! Just remember, call/text me whenever you need help. I'll always be there for you!

Courtney :)
_________________________________________

I smiled at the thought of Courtney. She makes me feel secure and she always knows how to cheer me up when I'm feeling like shit.

Every time I have a lesson with her there are butterflies in my stomach and I keep staring at her greenish-hazel eyes and her blonde hair. Do I like Courtney? Or are we just very good friends?