24

The next day
Courtney POV

I didn't realise i left my guitar at Shayne's place yesterday! I'm always forgetful.

I arrived school, put down my school bag and saw a happy Shayne running towards me with my guitar.

"Courtney!" He called out.

"Morning Shayne! Sorry I left my guitar at your place yesterday and I forgot to take it back!" I told him.

"No worries! I brought it back today." He said to me, handing me my beloved guitar.

Yay! I got my guitar back!

One week later (wow time flies lmao)
Shayne POV

It's monday again. Today is our music performance! I'm a little scared, to be honest.

It's music class later and each pair needs to show the class the song they've written. I hope our song could get a decent grade.

I've been thinking that the music lesson is the best time to confess to Courtney that I like her, because I've been borrowing her guitar and secretly practicing a song that I wanted to play for her, but I'm not sure how.

On my way to school, I decided to text Keith.

_________________________________________

Shayne: Hey Keith!

Keith: Hey Shayne! What's up?

Shayne: I need your help on something...

Keith: anything for you bro.

Shayne: I want to tell Courtney that I like her, but I don't know how 😣😣

Keith paused typing for a minute. I wonder what he's thinking.

Keith: I got it! I can help you tell the teacher so he might be able to help you a little bit. He's kind enough to help you.😉

Shayne: I actually planned on playing a song for her using her guitar, so how am I gonna get her guitar then?

Keith: The teacher can ask Courtney if he could borrow the guitar, then Courtney will lend it to him eventually, then I'll tell him to call your name out and you'll play the song! How does that sound?

Shayne: That's awesome dude, thanks a lot! 😊

Keith: No problem :)
_________________________________________

*Bell rings*
Courtney POV

Yay! It's music class! I'm kinda nervous because we have to perform the song we've written over the past week.

I look over to Shayne, and he also seems nervous.

"Hey you alright buddy?" I asked.

"Yeah, just nervousness all over me." He replied, weakly smiling a little.

He sees my guitar and said, "Here, let me carry it for you!"

"It's fine, I can do it." I giggled.

"No please let me do it." Shayne looked at me and said.

I finally gave in. "Okay." I said, handing over my guitar to him.

We walked in the classroom together as usual.

Keith POV

I see our music teacher, Mr. Patrick, heading to the classroom and I'm catching up behind, hoping I could grasp the chance to talk to him.