25

Guys. OH MY GOD. This story has 4k reads now and I'm so happy fr! I really cannot thank yall enough for this 😭😭💙💙

Keith POV

(Let's just call the teacher Mr. Patrick lol)

"Mr. Patrick!" I called out, quickly running behind to talk to him.

He turned around. "How can I help you Keith?"

"Shayne really likes Courtney and he wants to perform a song for her in front of the class and confess his feelings to her, so I was wondering if you could help him a bit." I told him shyly.

"Oh that is very cute! I'd like to help. Is he using Courtney's guitar then?"

"Yeah. You might want to tell Courtney that you need to borrow it, then you can give it to Shayne, so he can play it!"

"Okay. You shouldn't be late to class, neither should I. Let's go."

Yes! The plan worked! I hope everything will work out as expected.

Shayne POV

Our music teacher arrived not long after. "Alright class! I'm eager to see what you have for me today. Keith and Henry let's have you up first."

To be honest, Keith did a very good job. He is gifted in music and does awesome in rapping.

We watched other pairs perform and finally we performed our song too. It wasn't too bad actually.

I glanced at the clock. 5 more minutes until the bell will ring. I hope Keith hasn't forgotten to tell Mr. Patrick about it!

Shayne POV

Just then, I hear him say, "Courtney, what a nice guitar you have! Can I try playing it?"

The class giggled at him. "Sure!" Courtney replied, chuckling a bit. She handed him the guitar and tried playing it. The class laughed even more at his silly actions.

"You know what, I know someone who knows how to play it properly. What do you say, Shayne?"

Okay. This is my only chance. I'd better not mess this up.

"Well, if you say so!" I replied casually, desperately trying to hide my nervousness. He secretly winked at me and I cracked a small smile.

Mr. Patrick handed me Courtney's guitar, and the whole class cheered and clapped for me. Little did they know that I'm trying to confess my feelings to Courtney.

Mr. Patrick was curious at what I'm gonna do next. He sure looks funny.

I cleared my throat. "Uh hm. I want to dedicate this particular song to a little someone who's special."

I instantly heard "AWW!!!" From my classmates but i ignored them and focused on my confession.

I sat down on one of the beanbags in the room, facing the whole class, but only looking at Courtney. She gazed back at me, her eyes full of curiosity.

I hope she gets the hint.

I started playing a song for her.

I struggled a little bit at the beginning but later on became more fluent later on.
_________________________________________
Waking up to kiss you when nobody's there

The smell of your perfume still stuck in the air

It's hard—

And I wanna tell you everything

The words that I never got to say in the first time around

And I remember everything

From when we were the children playing in this fair ground

Wish I was there with you now

If the world was watching I'd still dance with you

Drive highways and byways to be there with you

Over and over the only truth

Everything comes back to you

You still make me nervous when I walk in the room

Them butterflies they come alive when I'm next to you

Over and over the only truth

Everything comes back to you

Mmm mmm mmm—
_________________________________________

I finished playing the guitar and the whole class cheered for me. I didn't look anywhere but only to Courtney. She looked back at me and I could tell her eyes were watery.