23

Shayne POV

Is this the right time to confess to her now? I mean,

We've trusted each other.

We gave each other our shoulders to cry on.

We had each other when nobody cared.

She even told me her deepest secret 5 minutes ago.

Should I confess my feelings to her?

Hmm. Maybe not. I'll wait for a better timing to tell her.

I mean, there must be a better way than directly tell her.

"Shayne, can I use your bathroom? I gotta wash my face," Courtney lightly chuckled.

"Oh, sure!" I snapped out of my thoughts.

She walked to the bathroom and I immediately started planning about my confession to her.

Little does she know that I know how to play the guitar. Not very well but I think I've managed to master the basics.

I remembered listening to a song on her radio in her car. She said to me she loved that song, but I forgot the name of the song!

She got out of the bathroom, so we continued discussing about the music project and trying out the lyrics for our song.

Courtney POV

My eyes are extremely red and puffy, but I didn't care, because I know Shayne will always be there for me whenever I need to break down or I need someone to expose my secrets to.

I felt happier in general because I let all of my unhappiness out a while ago.

It's 6:30 pm, I should get going. We've already finished almost everything for the project, and I feel pretty good about it.

Shayne POV

"It's getting late, I should go back home, or else my dad will get mad again." Courtney spoke up, slowly packing her things into her blue backpack.

She took her backpack and went to the door. I followed behind and opened the door for her.

Once again, I looked into her sad green eyes which had lost its sparkle.

I softly pushed a strand of her blonde hair to the side and said to her, "Stay safe. Remember I'll always be here for you. Call me if you need me."

Courtney nodded and hugged me one last time.

"Bye!" She said.

"Bye..." I replied, a little disappointed.

I closed the door, sat down on the sofa, and sighed.

Hold on.

She left her guitar!

But she already left!

Wait.

This is perfect!

I can practice using her guitar!

So I grabbed my laptop, searched up numerous guitar tutorials, and started learning covers of various songs, seeing which one suits her the best.

I clicked on one YouTube video and I saw a man playing a song. Oh my god that song! The song that I've listened to on Courtney's radio! That's it!

I searched for tutorials of the song and started learning slowly, step by step.

I struggled for a great deal of time, but I eventually got better at it. I had to admit my fingers hurt a lot, but it's definitely worth it at the end.