1. The Dream

2009 Asia Max Championship Round 5 of 5, Sepang International Circuit, Malaysia

Twelve year old Adam was sitting in his red Birel kart, mentally preparing himself for the race ahead

Twelve year old Adam was sitting in his red Birel kart, mentally preparing himself for the race ahead. He was the championship leader, several points clear of number two David Zhang. His dad stood by his side silently. He was a Birel factory driver, and his team's engineer kneeled by his side, briefing him. He remained calm throughout, he had already sealed the championship in the previous round, now he was racing for just a win, not a championship.

The drivers were given the signal to head out onto track, and he moved into his position at the front row.

The parade lap began, and Adam made sure to keep his tyres and brakes warm. As the start was a rolling start, he had nothing to fear, he only had to accelerate smoothly and quickly as he entered the starting box.

Adam had the race under control from the very beginning, leading from start to finish, grabbing his fifth victory of the five-race season.

Little Adam ran towards his dad and gave him a huge hug. "Great job, kiddo." His dad exclaimed. They were suddenly interrupted by a formally dressed man.

"Adam, right?" A rather tall man asked as he approached him.

"Yeah".

"And you must be his dad." The man said to Adam's father.

"Yeah." He affirmed

"Well, my name is Antonio Petrucci, I'm from CRG Karts. One of our factory teams races in the WSK European championship, KF3 class. With your skills, I think you'd make a fine racecar driver. Karts in KF3 are similar in terms of power, but competition is intense. But you'd be racing as CRG's factory driver, and you'll have all the support you need. What do you say?"

"That'd be great!" Adam exclaimed in excitement.

"Hold on, hold on." Morten the pushed Adam to the corner to have a private conversation.

"Adam, we've talked about this. Mom's gonna flip when she finds out about this." He whispered to Adam, rather aggressively.

"Dad, how often do I get this kind of offers?" He asked.

Morten took a long minute to get his mind wrapped around it. "Okay... I'll try and talk to mom about this. But promise me, nothing further than karting?"

"I... I guess so..." Adam replied.

Back at home, Adam was already expecting the worst from his mom. "Adam, you still got a whole lot to do in your studies and you think it's a good idea to head out to Italy?" His mom exclaimed furiously.