4. Peak

Two weeks later...

Adam drove his Lotus to the designated address written on the card. He flashed the card to one of the two large men at the entrance as he entered the party

 He flashed the card to one of the two large men at the entrance as he entered the party

He was shocked to realise that everyone was silent. Only sounds of faint whispers and tapping of shoes could be heard. Seconds later,Lance popped out of nowhere and grabbed Adam by the neck.

"Dude, glad you made it..." He whispered.

"What's this?  A library?" Adam asked.
"Did you read the card? Mate, this is the Nerve. A silent, pop-up dance party. Wear those headphones you got from the guys at the entrance, that's where the music is." Lance explained.

"Have fun..." Lance said before disappearing backwards into the crowd. Adam didn't, though. Being the type that barely dances, he plugged in the earphones, listening to the music playing as he headed to the bar. He ordered a can of his favourite soda and began sipping on it. Adam, as per usual, began scanning his surroundings. Then suddenly...

She appeared in the room with the winter snow billowing around her skirt. With her hair the color of fallen leaves browned and sleek with the first rain of autumn and her head held high, she waltzed on with an effortless saunter. The clicking of her heels added rhythm to the soft music that had been playing. Her eyes scanned the room with determination in search of someone when her eyes met Adam, she smiled. So beautiful it was like the stars themselves, decided to rest behind the soft cushion of her lips.

"Hey, you're..." the woman, attempting to remember the name of the F3 Champion.

"Adam...?" Adam finished.

"Yes! Adam! Oh my, how are you? You look, different... in a good way!" She exclaimed, trying to keep her voice as soft as possible.

"I'm doing good, Gisele... What brings you here?"  Adam asked.

"My parents moved here as soon as we're done with our O-Levels...I'm so proud of you... Look at you, already a champion. I remembered you banging on about racing in the future and now here you are..."

The events of his past flashed before his eyes.

4 years ago...

Zack stops in front of Adam and says, "What do you think you are doing here? Huh?"

But Adam didn't take his eyes off the book in his hand and pretended that nobody was  around him.

"I'm talking to you," he shouted.